no live feed or recording video

Reaction score
I have no live video feed to Ipad air and then no recording of video I have go pro 3 silver + and go pro hero 4 + using the gimball it moves and tilts very good
I have settings on both camera on 1080 and 60 fps all I get on the feed is a black video but I cannot get anything else can I get some advise please

Hi Cynthia,

Just like most say on here, be sure all software and firmware are most current for SOLO and the GoPro.

Have you always had this problem with no video, or did it just begin?

I assume the video cable from the gimbal is connected well inside SOLO?

Will it record video and you can playback after flight, and you just can't see it "real time" on the iPad?

I have the same problem but it is inconsistent. Sometimes I get black screen, or sometimes I won't get the "red" record button on screen. Sometimes all works fine. I use 2 Hero4 blacks, and when I swap them, sometimes this same thing happens to me. No idea why.

I also make sure that the wifi on the camera is off. I've heard it can affect the wifi from the controller to SOLO.

I have found when I have the black screen, that I try pushing the front camera button on again, and cycle through the camera modes to get back to video/snapshot setting, just before starting the SOLO motors, (even though the camera shows to be on) I will usually get video then. Sometimes, when the red button is gray, (even using the start up mentioned below) I have to turn the camera off, wait 30 seconds then turn it back on, all the while, leaving the SOLO and controller "linked" and ready to fly.

I read somewhere that 1080 and 30fps is optimal. Also, set the FOV to medium. I don't see where the camera settings affect feed though. Those should only affect the way your video looks afterward when viewing/editing.

Sometimes, I have to reboot all three animals......ugh My method is turn everything OFF, then

1. Have a battery in the GoPro and turn it on while it's in the gimbal. Be sure all is plugged in securely.
2. Turn on the controller. Wait for it to say "waiting for solo"
3. Place SOLO on a level spot for take off and power it on. Let it begin searching for satellites. Watch the controller screen for this.
4. Turn on the iPad (or whatever device), be sure I'm on the SOLO wifi in the iPad's settings, and then go to SOLO app. Click fly solo.

Hopefully you'll have video feed and the red record button is working.

I have also pressed the top shutter button just before starting motors so that recording is happening, and when I walked back to my controller, I had video feed. It seems the GoPro is a "fickle beast" at times. Maybe just here in Texas.

Hope this helps,
Santa

Usually this is a problem with the gimbal- might require it to be replaced. If you don't find something on the forum that works, you should send in a support ticket to 3DR. And be prepared to wait- since they stopped phone support, wait times are taking a week or more.

I have no live video feed to Ipad air and then no recording of video I have go pro 3 silver + and go pro hero 4 + using the gimball it moves and tilts very good
I have settings on both camera on 1080 and 60 fps all I get on the feed is a black video but I cannot get anything else can I get some advise please
Usually this is a problem with the gimbal- might require it to be replaced. If you don't find something on the forum that works, you should send in a support ticket to 3DR. And be prepared to wait- since they stopped phone support, wait times are taking a week or more.
N
Usually this is a problem with the gimbal- might require it to be replaced. If you don't find something on the forum that works, you should send in a support ticket to 3DR. And be prepared to wait- since they stopped phone support, wait times are taking a week or more.[/QUOTE
Hi Cynthia,

Just like most say on here, be sure all software and firmware are most current for SOLO and the GoPro.

Will it record video and you can playback after flight, and you just can't see it "real time" on the iPad?

I have the same problem but it is inconsistent. Sometimes I get black screen, or sometimes I won't get the "red" record button on screen. Sometimes all works fine. I use 2 Hero4 blacks, and when I swap them, sometimes this same thing happens to me. No idea why.

I also make sure that the wifi on the camera is off. I've heard it can affect the wifi from the controller to SOLO.

I have found when I have the black screen, that I try pushing the front camera button on again, and cycle through the camera modes to get back to video/snapshot setting, just before starting the SOLO motors, (even though the camera shows to be on) I will usually get video then. Sometimes, when the red button is gray, (even using the start up mentioned below) I have to turn the camera off, wait 30 seconds then turn it back on, all the while, leaving the SOLO and controller "linked" and ready to fly.

I read somewhere that 1080 and 30fps is optimal. Also, set the FOV to medium. I don't see where the camera settings affect feed though. Those should only affect the way your video looks afterward when viewing/editing.

Sometimes, I have to reboot all three animals......ugh My method is turn everything OFF, then

1. Have a battery in the GoPro and turn it on while it's in the gimbal. Be sure all is plugged in securely.
3. Place SOLO on a level spot for take off and power it on. Let it begin searching for satellites. Watch the controller screen for this.
4. Turn on the iPad (or whatever device), be sure I'm on the SOLO wifi in the iPad's settings, and then go to SOLO app. Click fly solo.

I have also pressed the top shutter button just before starting motors so that recording is happening, and when I walked back to my controller, I had video feed. It seems the GoPro is a "fickle beast" at times. Maybe just here in Texas.

Hope this helps,
Santa

I am going to try without the gimbal I have sent a support ticket and it been ages since I have heard from them at least 48 hours I just wish they would send me some support

I have heard back but I need to send more logs on the gimbal see what that turns up but such a shame as I was hoping to do video of The Roxy Pro here on the Gold Coast if I tried without live feed I am sure I would put the solo into the ocean

Hi Cynthia,

Hope this helps,
Santa

I have live feed now as I had to replace the Gimbal it was faulty so going for my real first flight soon and I am going to upload it here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig