No Gimbal Video..Not Great/Not horrible..

Reaction score
Just been enjoying flying the Solo flying almost exclusively in non-GPS modes. Decided to try a recording as I wait for the gimbal. I expected to see more jello, but was surprised. This was all in stabilize mode, (as you can see by the throttle response at 2:45). Was trying to fly slow and smooth to see how bad the video would be on a fixed mount.
No post editing except to mute the video. Didn't even use GoPro Studio. Just took the mp4 file off the SD card. Thoughts?..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro
Just been enjoying flying the Solo flying almost exclusively in non-GPS modes. Decided to try a recording as I wait for the gimbal. I expected to see more jello, but was surprised. This was all in stabilize mode, (as you can see by the throttle response at 2:45). Was trying to fly slow and smooth to see how bad the video would be on a fixed mount.
No post editing except to mute the video. Didn't even use GoPro Studio. Just took the mp4 file off the SD card. Thoughts?..

It is very smooth. I just made one today.....used GoPro studio to cut down the size.took me 2 hours for a 7 minute video. For some reason during conversion it will get to around 95% and stop. I need to find another program to use. You'll get dizzy watching mine.

Yeah it's surprisingly smooth without the gimbal. If you run it through stabilization it will look even better. Surprised your dog wasn't freaked out by it, haha. How did manual flight feel, did it drift a lot?

It is very smooth. I just made one today.....used GoPro studio to cut down the size.took me 2 hours for a 7 minute video. For some reason during conversion it will get to around 95% and stop. I need to find another program to use. You'll get dizzy watching mine.

What kind of computer are you working on? GoPro studio is pretty slow. You will most likely get better performance in iMovie or FCPX if you're on a Mac.

I just wanted to post as raw as possible to see how smooth it would be just hand flying without a gimbal. I have to do a shoot this week and will have to use it as is. I'll do some stills with a few short clips in between that have been treated to some post editing.

I prefer flying in the non GPS modes for the quicker response, unless doing a smart shot or I need to hold still while I do something else.

What kind of computer are you working on? GoPro studio is pretty slow. You will most likely get better performance in iMovie or FCPX if you're on a Mac.
A Windows based PC.

My GoPro studio is quicker than my Premiere Pro by far but of course you cant do much with it. Protune works great for a quick post edit. The more you have to do the worse it is.

Fish-eye removal is a killer on my Premiere. Course now I don't need it as both the P3 and Hero 4 with Peau lens don't have fish-eye. But my video is awful without the gimbal so the Solo is not getting any camera time. I have had success with time-lapse photos on it but the camera rolling you get on FPV is annoying.

My GoPro studio is quicker than my Premiere Pro by far but of course you cant do much with it. Protune works great for a quick post edit. The more you have to do the worse it is.

Fish-eye removal is a killer on my Premiere. Course now I don't need it as both the P3 and Hero 4 with Peau lens don't have fish-eye. But my video is awful without the gimbal so the Solo is not getting any camera time. I have had success with time-lapse photos on it but the camera rolling you get on FPV is annoying.
Agreed, was looking at some of my Phantom video, what a difference the gimbal makes.
It's frustrating when I am running the conversion and it gets close to the end and stops. After 5 times of doing that I went ahead and used what it had completed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44