First flights on 4.0-dev

Reaction score
My Solo was stock as far as firmware. It does have upgraded gps (internal) and a stock gimbal. I moved to 4.0 firmware as I have the time and wanted to tinker. Also I see that the slew rate limiting is included so I don't need a new cube.
I flew for the first time after the updates today and wondered if there is anything special about the first flight. I believe I was in stabilize mode and started motors by stick command. The solo immediately took off and I had to hold the throttle at about 1/4 to keep it from going up it also seemed pretty unstable. I landed, then took off again in althold. This time it seemed more stable and throttle behaved as I expected but it still flew a bit funky, like not in a straight line when I pitch forward it ark to the left.
Later at a different spot I flew a second battery and it few a whole lot better and more like I expected. This time pitch forward went straight. I was still in althold according to SOLEX. The only problem I had both times was the video feed from my gopro hero 4 silver was rolling about 1/4 of the time stabilized either correct, or half way off *bottom on top/top on bottom.
I would suspect compass calibration for the slight turning behavior, but both spots were open fields with no obvious mag interference.
Dale

That all seems strange. I loaded Open Solo 4 and my first flight last week was precisely what I expected. Accurate and stable. Gimbal function well. Did you just phrase gps? All connections are fully connected?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea