Gimbal tilt problem

Reaction score
Hello
I'm a new solo owner, by buddy passed away and left me his solo since we had so much fun flying it together. I've updated everything and calibrated the level compass installed M Ro GPS etc .
Using sidepilot, but as you can see from this short video the gimbal has a side to side tilt problem. Using GOPRO hero 4 black shooting 2.7k @ 30 fps.
What is happening here, have I missed something? There was no wind, I wasn't banking at all. just flying straight and turning left and right, camera tilt up and down function working fine.

Thanks in advance!

What video?

Clearly I guess I don’t know how to attach video lol

Clicked attachment button
Browsed for the video
Took awhile to load
But then it appeared clicked send but it didn’t show up
Hmm
Uploading help would also be appreciated

I've occasionally had this problem in the past, a drooping edge. Never sure what actually fixes it but shutting down, turning off controller, restarting both. I've learned to turn my gopro on first. Just general fiddling, it's a little annoying, but doesn't happen too often.

Yeah, I don't like being "shaddow-banned" on FB and having my gun posts disappear on youtube either, so I don't use FB anymore. On Youtube, I just quit uploading stuff nobody ever sees, and just kept one account under my REAL name (for the kids to check-in on me, dont cha know). ;)
BTW, a Very Irish Sean Ware back at ya. Erin go bragh, Bro!

As to the issue, is it intermittant, or all the time? My Iris+ gimbal does this with the Vivitar camera because it is a lighter camera, and I had to add weights to "re-balance" it. I could re-configure it through the software, but don't know where in the radio menu to even look, plus, when I switch back to the Hero3, it would need to be reset. Weight-balancing the Vivitar fixed everything.
If the tilt is intermittent, try switching the gimbal motors with one another and see if the issue stays the same, or follows the motor to the new axis.
If it stays the same, I would pull the controller board and check it out under a lot of light and a magnifying glass, and look for broken contacts at the board, especially, in the area of the sockets.

Last edited:
As to the issue, is it intermittant, or all the time? My Iris+ gimbal does this with the Vivitar camera because it is a lighter camera, and I had to add weights to "re-balance" it. I could re-configure it through the software, but don't know where in the radio menu to even look, plus, when I switch back to the Hero3, it would need to be reset. Weight-balancing the Vivitar fixed everything.
If the tilt is intermittent, try switching the gimbal motors with one another and see if the issue stays the same, or follows the motor to the new axis.
If it stays the same, I would pull the controller board and check it out under a lot of light and a magnifying glass, and look for broken contacts at the board, especially, in the area of the sockets.
It's all the time, if taken it apart several times per the videos I've seen and re routed the wires but nothing works.
Thanks for your reply,

There is a 5Gram weight difference and a 15% size diferance between the H3 and H4.
I have zero flight experience with the Solo, but I think you're lucky. Check this article out;
Balancing Your 3DR SOLO Gimbal When Installing A Filter – Peau Productions
:cool:
Apparently, your solo's gimbal comes with a "weight" to change the center of balance? Heck, you could even fly a H5 or Vivitar level, where I cannot, I guess.
I had to adapt the mounting bracket on the gimbal to mount the Vivitar farther out in order to level-out the 'list' on my Iris w/Tarot setup...

Last edited:
Gonna try something. I think an outside 'host' is required..
Most of the ones I see here on the site are uploaded to youtube, or some other host site first. I'm going to try that too by just copy/[asting a link to one on youtube.;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Edit; Yep -- easy peazy. Just copy/paste the link and you're done. The server here automatically adds the html noise (the "{media = {/media} stuff. And I know how painful this link is to watch, but Just demonstrating ... And it really WAS the first time I actually INTENDED to take off with the Iris, and the props were roached out of whack from the start.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377