No gimbal cable?

Mine was tucked up near the front of the bird. Its there use a flash light? it should have a piece of heat shrink on the end.
TIP: when you put it in watch the HDMI connector mine had 1mm clearance when I put the cover back in place!

Mine was tucked up near the front of the bird. Its there use a flash light? it should have a piece of heat shrink on the end.
TIP: when you put it in watch the HDMI connector mine had 1mm clearance when I put the cover back in place!
Yup i got it, it was tucked back away into the Solo and I didn't want to forcefully pull on the wrong thing, but finally got it out.

took me a while to find my gimbal cable, but I eventually found it. Unable to delete threads so, ignore this and move along people... :)
No need to delete. If it happened to you, it will likely happen to somebody else. And you likely saved them a phone call :)

Moral? Keep looking... It usually is tucked up front and has braided covering on it. My first one was easy. The second one was tucked up further..

Also. Aside from people having gimbal flop with HDMI cable routing. I had it and I believe it was the gimbal cable. Obviously since it's attached to the moving board it needs as much slack as it can get. Haven't had that many flights yet since fixing it, but so far so good. I had to remove the battery tray from the top to really see the situ clearly .

Also. Aside from people having gimbal flop with HDMI cable routing. I had it and I believe it was the gimbal cable. Obviously since it's attached to the moving board it needs as much slack as it can get. Haven't had that many flights yet since fixing it, but so far so good. I had to remove the battery tray from the top to really see the situ clearly .
100% agree. I got gimbal early, and had the tray out sonny times before (GPS mod, gel mod) that I just took it out when I couldn't see where the wires were going. It was the best way. Put the gimbal in the second unit tonight. Not troubles on that one either.

I cannot find the cable. What did you remove to find it? This cable shouldn't be that hard to find. I don't want to break it, just got it. Can someone tell me where that cable is?

Its tucked underneath in there, you don't have to remove anything else but the gimbal plate. Its just hard to find. Its there though, trust me. :)

I also didn't want to pull on all the cables, assuming they were plugged into stuff. One of them isn't. and it should pull right out. WIsh i had a video of it.

Reactions: DJMc
I took the entire drone apart and that cable isn't there, maybe they forgot it in manufacturing. I had the motherboard out and I can see the HDMI cable but no gimbal cable. As well, had the gamble plate out and not there. I would happy to send to the manufacture for review as I am sure it isn't there. Please advise.

I took the entire drone apart and that cable isn't there, maybe they forgot it in manufacturing. I had the motherboard out and I can see the HDMI cable but no gimbal cable. As well, had the gamble plate out and not there. I would happy to send to the manufacture for review as I am sure it isn't there. Please advise.
If you can post a picture of main-board with no cable connected I'm curious, and thanks in advance..

Yeah thats interesting. This was exactly what I went through, and it was there, In my case (and hopefully yours) you are seeing the cable and assuming its one of the other cables attached to the motors. Give it a tug (slight, not too hard) to pull it out. But if you disassembled it and still aren't seeing it, post pics.

Not sure what customer service is left for 3DR consumers outside of SiteScan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela