Newbee with Gimbal and Hero 3 Silver

izi

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am a total Newbee to this. I am a real pilot and I flew with RCs earlier.
Now I ordered a Solo with Gimbal. When I read sth about Hero 3 not really working with Gimbal I was really surprised. I looked again at the sellers page and there it is: combatible with Hero 3, 3+ and 4.
So I guess I would have the option to send it back if it really doesnt work.
So my question is: What can I really do with my Hero 3 Silver? Can I control the gimbal during flight?
I dont really care if I cant control the camera settings and on/off during flight... but controlling the Gimbal seems important.
Thanks for your answers.

Izi

The 3DR gimbal is only fully compatible with Hero 3+ Black, Hero 4 Silver, and Hero 4 Black. The only Hero 3 model is exactly Hero 3+ Black. Not Hero 3 Black, Hero 3 Silver, or Hero 3+ Silver.

However, with any of them, you will be able to control the gimbal with the paddle on the top of the control. What you won't have with the others is the ability to start and stop recording, or the ability to change camera settings, from within the app. You can still do all of the smart shots, but they'll all be in the one continuous recording.

thanks a lot. for now i think i will je happy with one long recording. my memory runs longer than the flight time anyway...

thanks a lot. for now i think i will je happy with one long recording. my memory runs longer than the flight time anyway...

That's all I have been doing, and it's still quite fun. Plus, with even something like VLC player, it's easy to 'record' a specific section of video from the whole recording anyway. I meant to end up with a 3+Black, but first accidentally ordered a 3+Silver on eBay. Then, I returned that one after ordering what I later realized was just a 3 Black, not 3+. Now I finally have a 4 Black on order....hopefully.

With the 3, don't forget to add the larger balance weights to the gimbal!

Reactions: izi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado