New Years Fireworks

Reaction score
Well, I didn't get much feedback on my low-light request (Best GoPro Settings for Fireworks | 3D Robotics Drone Forum), so winging it was the name of the game. Music and editing are all that were done - no color correction or stabilization.

Settings I used: GPH3+B, 1080/60, med FOV, PT, WB 3000K, Flat color, ISO400, Low sharpness, +2 Exp, Low Light mode on.

Comments and suggestions are welcome...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was fun. Afterwards, my fireworks operator said that it was only after he had already fired a few that he realized they were all essentially aimed at Solo and apologized. I told him I was keeping clear and adjusting my distance and altitude with each shot. FYI, the small balls that go in the tube explode at about 150', the large ones about 250', and the rockets go to around 300'.

FYI, the small balls that go in the tube explode at about 150', the large ones about 250', and the rockets go to around 300'.
Good info to know.

I think it turned out well, slow-mo was the best... About how far away were you from the shells when they exploded?

Not far at all. I would start about 100'+ away and then creep closer as he would keep shooting. I was probably around 50' away, or maybe a little less, for most of the close ones. The one identified in the vid as a close call was on the order of 10' away in plan - he told me he thought it was one of those fountains, so I came in close, but it turned out to be a shooter of some sort. There were many shots that I missed as I was trying to adjust to height and distance - I flew three batteries to catch enough footage for the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44