New Update

So the gopro is charging again in the gimbal? Is that right?
They turned off gp charging in the gimbal a few updates ago.
I was going to mod mine , to charge, as it has caught me out running my gp battery down. Might not have to now.
I guess so. I went through every update published and have never charged my GP4B outside of the Solo gimbal since August. Wasn't aware of that charging was ever disabled.

I would consider that statement from this individual as BS. GoPro charging was not disabled in any of the FW updates since last summer.
I was also told by support that solo would no longer charge my hero4 black back in Nov.

So, it's a particular pet peeve for me... my Solo has NEVER turned the GoPro on. It turns off when I power the battery pack down. Sometimes it stays on between batteries, if I pop the old one without powering down first... but then I seem to have some technical issues with camera control, such as the record button is grayed out even though I can see the video.

More recently only, I've had the video "roll" and distort on the S7 when I am moving Solo, moreso when I move it quickly. Almost as though there is some increases seisitivity to RF noise in the new gimbal I put in?? Before that it was pretty rock-solid.

If anyone can shed some light on these minor mysteries I'd be really grateful!

Haven't had much time for Solo lately. Weather starting to get nice, so hoping to get some flying time in. Just updated everything. My camera is for sure being turned on and off. Not sure it's charging though, as I'm not getting and sort of light on front when everything is on and I'm not recording. Noticed, this is the first time it has actually saved to camera roll, since I got solo. And I didn't notice an aspect ratio change when starting to record while in 4K wide. This is my 2nd solo. First one turned into a brick at 150 feet. This is my replacement refurbished unit. Came with gimbal installed. But for some reason they also included a new gimbal in my package (so I have 2). Think I'm going to swap the gimbals. The installed one is very slow to initialize. Need to find the time to installed Ian's GPS sheild and the flat ribbon hdmi cable. Looking forward to spring setting in a little more, and getting out to test MPCC.

So, it's a particular pet peeve for me... my Solo has NEVER turned the GoPro on. It turns off when I power the battery pack down. Sometimes it stays on between batteries, if I pop the old one without powering down first... but then I seem to have some technical issues with camera control, such as the record button is grayed out even though I can see the video.

More recently only, I've had the video "roll" and distort on the S7 when I am moving Solo, moreso when I move it quickly. Almost as though there is some increases seisitivity to RF noise in the new gimbal I put in?? Before that it was pretty rock-solid.

If anyone can shed some light on these minor mysteries I'd be really grateful!
Upgrade to the latest FW. Flew 4 packs this morning. GoPro power on and off and all GoPro controls work like a charm.

Upgrade to the latest FW. Flew 4 packs this morning. GoPro power on and off and all GoPro controls work like a charm.

So it's obviously not firmware related, I run latest released code for every flight. I suspect the gimbal but the way pushing the motors causes it to worsen makes me think RFI. Oh well, this is off-topic in an update thread. Will see if the next update has any effect!

Works for me after updating today, GoPro Hero 4 Silver turns on and off with the Solo, very nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado