New to drones, old hat to electronics and microcontrollers

Reaction score
I bought a stock 3DR Solo with GoPro 4 and an iPad mini 2 with the original 3DR Solo software from a friend (J). It hasn't been in the air in a couple of years, other than to give me a quick walkthrough at his house.

I had formal training about 25 years ago with electronics. I'm a active hobbiest with microcontrollers and Raspberry Pi systems. I've build Li-Po battery arrays with BMS boards. And perhaps not directly related, but I'm an amateur (ham) radio operator. Soldering irons do no intimidate me. I work professionally with Linux at a shell prompt.

I've read briefly about Cube, and might look at that more. J said he read about a gps upgrade. And the batteries may need replacing/reworking (My experience has been that battery cases and nasty beasts to open non-destructively). The digitizer on the iPad is cracked, and I might replace it, or look for an Android tablet to drive it from?

Cheers!

I bought a stock 3DR Solo with GoPro 4 and an iPad mini 2 with the original 3DR Solo software from a friend (J). It hasn't been in the air in a couple of years, other than to give me a quick walkthrough at his house.

I had formal training about 25 years ago with electronics. I'm a active hobbiest with microcontrollers and Raspberry Pi systems. I've build Li-Po battery arrays with BMS boards. And perhaps not directly related, but I'm an amateur (ham) radio operator. Soldering irons do no intimidate me. I work professionally with Linux at a shell prompt.

I've read briefly about Cube, and might look at that more. J said he read about a gps upgrade. And the batteries may need replacing/reworking (My experience has been that battery cases and nasty beasts to open non-destructively). The digitizer on the iPad is cracked, and I might replace it, or look for an Android tablet to drive it from?

Cheers!
hi new to this hobby.... but have flown befor in acro... jw how would someone repurpose these parts, i was going to do a tear down and try re using the remote and receiver and fpv link for something else any ideas all i need is better clarity
and i had to use a grinder (was a osilator saw) not need a good soldering iron or a torch??

sorry about my grammar

hi new to this hobby.... but have flown befor in acro... jw how would someone repurpose these parts, i was going to do a tear down and try re using the remote and receiver and fpv link for something else any ideas all i need is better clarity
and i had to use a grinder (was a osilator saw) not need a good soldering iron or a torch??

sorry about my grammar
I would suggest starting a new thread so your question will be noticed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela