New Solo manual released on the 7th and question.

I don't know how to switch at will, but ifnyou zoom in too far I only see a map view.

Zoom out some and satellite view appears.

Thanks Rich, I backed out of the fly mode to the main menu and then went back and it was in satellite view. Weird they should have an option for you to switch back and forth.

I think there's a sweet spot on the map when it switches back and forth.

I will check out out. Have been having an issue with offline maps and getting ready to put up a video of my findings. Yes, I have found the last zoom on the Solo map appears to be Map only. No Satellite view.

There is room for improvement for more user control for sure !

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully we will see it fixed in a future app update.

Swipe right to left and the sat view comes up, small swipe is half map, half sat. To exit full screen sat view, touch the top left square .
I hope that's what you were asking.
I demonstrate it in the first part of this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually watched your video before purchasing. I knew about the left swipe to enter full sat view the problem is when you are zoomed all the way in it takes you to a map view and you have to zoom out to get back into sat view. Thanks though for sharing the video.

Interesting, I zoomed in all the way in the vid (pinched) and it remained in sat view. I was surprised I couldn't zoom in further, perhaps it is limited to the zoom provided by google maps.

Interesting, I zoomed in all the way in the vid (pinched) and it remained in sat view. I was surprised I couldn't zoom in further, perhaps it is limited to the zoom provided by google maps.

I was thinking about it and it probably depends on what is available in terms of resolution on where you want to zoom in. Some places you can zoom in further than others and when you can't you get the map view.

It would be nice to go from one to the other (Sat >Map or Map-Sat) without being forced into Sat view all the time.

Did anyone find a solution to this? My map view alternates between standard and satellite. Zooming in just gives me black squares (while at home connected to wifi).

I didn't read all the responses but I think a couple of things come into play one of which I think is it depends on how far you zoomed in when you cached the map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44