New owner

Yes, you can. In fact, it is recommended that you take off and land without GPS lock on any of these birds. Look up how to set your A and/or B buttons to the Fly:manual mode. This mode will hold altitude, but not position (i.e. GPS lock). To switch back to GPS lock, press the Fly button.

Practice in manual mode...

I wouldn't agree that taking off without GPS is "recommended". Taking off without GPS can be very dangerous to new users. The "home" position is set to where Solo first gets a good GPS signal. If you take off in Fly:Manual and don't get GPS until you're in the sky, over trees or buildings, this is where "home" is set to. If later, a failsafe kicks in and initiates RTH, Solo is going to head for those trees or buildings and start landing there.

Taking off without GPS is fine, IF you know what you're doing.

Reactions: Maddog
I wouldn't agree that taking off without GPS is "recommended". Taking off without GPS can be very dangerous to new users. The "home" position is set to where Solo first gets a good GPS signal. If you take off in Fly:Manual and don't get GPS until you're in the sky, over trees or buildings, this is where "home" is set to. If later, a failsafe kicks in and initiates RTH, Solo is going to head for those trees or buildings and start landing there.

Taking off without GPS is fine, IF you know what you're doing.
Agreed and I believe AD was referring to after GPS lock, which you are waiting for anyway. And on landing back at HP, it wouldn't matter. After familiarizing with flight in manual and being comfortable, I recommend it as well for both takeoff and landing. Learning to fly in manual should be the first thing a new pilot practices, before smart shots or any other GPS assisted mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso