New member. Have IPad fit question

Reaction score
I purchased my Solo late last year and just getting around to flying it. I have an iPad that measures 6 3/4” horizontally. It does not seem to fit on the controller. Shouldn’t it?

Yes, it should fit if you orient the holder vertically, to grip the top and bottom of the iPad, not the sides. (I'm assuming that you want the iPad mounted in landscape position). If, however, 6.75 inches is the length of the SHORT side of your iPad, then no, the controller can't open its mount that far.

Yes, it should fit if you orient the holder vertically, to grip the top and bottom of the iPad, not the sides. (I'm assuming that you want the iPad mounted in landscape position).
Thanks. I tried that but I couldn’t stretch the holder out far enough to fit the IPad in the landscape position. Very frustrating.

If you have a friend with a A 3D printer there are designs available for an extension bracket

Thanks. I tried that but I couldn’t stretch the holder out far enough to fit the IPad in the landscape position. Very frustrating.

Just making sure that I understand you, are you attaching the clamp at the top and bottom of your tablet, or on the sides? If it doesn't fit one of those ways, have you tried the other? Notice the position of the clamps in this photo:

remote.jpg

Just making sure that I understand you, are you attaching the clamp at the top and bottom of your tablet, or on the sides? If it doesn't fit one of those ways, have you tried the other? Notice the position of the clamps in this photo:

remote.jpg
I have tried both ways and neither fit. The closest it comes to fitting is like your illustration. The dimension of the IPad I am trying to fit in the bracket is 6 3/4”.

I could print you the extender. PM me your ZIP code and I'll get an estimate on shipping.

Thanks everyone for your responses. As per noted in another post, I took the holder apart and elongated the slots on the sliding part. Now holds the IPad with ease.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc