New Iris +, Never Flown

Reaction score
I have a new, IRIS + that has never been in the air. complete with gimbal, roll around case, a some extra batteries.

Is there a market for this or would I be better off tearing it apart and selling parts piecemeal?

What are parts worth? What is the drone worth? Where would be the best place to sell it? Craig's list? eBay? local classified's?

Here? <<GRIN>>

C6Joe

i actually may know someone, interested in the Iris. a work colleague has one that is in need of repair, and may rather just get another if the price is right. could you post photos and potential asking price and I will pass the word along.

I'll take pictures later today.

Candidly, I have no idea what to ask for everything. I do know, I won't sell it piecemeal. It would be an all or nothing sale.

So, after I post images, I would guess I would entertain offers with the idea best offer would take it.

(I actually still have the original box the IRIS + came in, wonder of wonders!

Another consideration would also be location of a potential purchaser...'twould be expensive to ship. I am in Reno, Nevada.

C6Joe

_DSC4635.JPG _DSC4636-A.jpg View attachment 6152 View attachment 6152
i actually may know someone, interested in the Iris. a work colleague has one that is in need of repair, and may rather just get another if the price is right. could you post photos and potential asking price and I will pass the word along.

OK, Finally. House painting (In and out) is done and have a week until the roof is replaced..

So...

Here are the pictures. The one image shows me charging the extra battery and the extra Black Pearl screen battery

Everything is as it came from 3DRobotics, except 1 extra battery for the IRIS+ and 1 extra battery for the Black Pearl screen.

As stated, this has never been flown and I honestly don't remember if I ever fired it up to see of it would catch the sats. I just figured it would.

I have no idea what is worth. The wheeled case is worth a fortune, and the Black Pearl screen is worth a few bucks.

A ham friend of mine wants me to give it to him, as I now have 2 SOLO's that fly and one that doesn't. (For parts. It crashed from 500 feet into heavy brush, so not physically damaged, other than the legs and props. Guy was really pissed and sold it to me for 10 bucks and went out and bought the DJI Phantom Pro 4 (??) It is dead, won't power up at all, but, the battery is good, as is the controller. I have spare motors, if ever needed, and a spare gimbal, which, oddly enough, was not damaged in the fall.

So. if you will, pass this along to your friend, or if anyone is interested in this, please let me know. email is: [email protected]
(Note, that's .US, NOT .COM)

C6Joe

Last edited:
View attachment 6153 View attachment 6151 View attachment 6152 View attachment 6152

OK, Finally. House painting (In and out) is done and have a week until the roof is replaced..

So...

Here are the pictures. The one image shows me charging the extra battery and the extra Black Pearl screen battery

Everything is as it came from 3DRobotics, except 1 extra battery for the IRIS+ and 1 extra battery for the Black Pearl screen.

As stated, this has never been flown and I honestly don't remember if I ever fired it up to see of it would catch the sats. I just figured it would.

I have no idea what is worth. The wheeled case is worth a fortune, and the Black Pearl screen is worth a few bucks.

A ham friend of mine wants me to give it to him, as I now have 2 SOLO's that fly and one that doesn't. (For parts. It crashed from 500 feet into heavy brush, so not physically damaged, other than the legs and props. Guy was really pissed and sold it to me for 10 bucks and went out and bought the DJI Phantom Pro 4 (??) It is dead, won't power up at all, but, the battery is good, as is the controller. I have spare motors, if ever needed, and a spare gimbal, which, oddly enough, was not damaged in the fall.

So. if you will, pass this along to your friend, or if anyone is interested in this, please let me know. email is: [email protected]
(Note, that's .US, NOT .COM)

C6Joe
Great, I will forward this along. what would you like your Obo price to start at?

Great, I will forward this along. what would you like your Obo price to start at?

Oh Boy..What I paid for it, lemme see..what was that..hmmm...oh, I remember $1000.00 HAHAHA

Seriously, I don't know what to expect for an asking price. I guess it would be for someone to offer and if I liked the offer, I'd sell it, otherwise, not. The shipping, unless it is picked up in Reno, would be a killer. If he potential buyer isn't interested in the case, shipping would be substantially less. I believe I have the original box around here somewhere..I never throw big box item's boxes away. (Much to the wife's chagrin) One whole side of the garage is boxes, stacked to the ceiling!

Oh, forgot, it has the Tarot gimbal as well..forgot to put it in the picture. The GoPro will not go with it. That is mounted in the car as a forward viewing camera and parking aid. Works well too!20170503_214213.jpg

hello.. did you ever sell the iris+ ?
or what is left to sell ?
i am located in Fayetteville NC..
just curious as i have one of my own.. spares would be nice.

hello.. did you ever sell the iris+ ?
or what is left to sell ?
i am located in Fayetteville NC..
just curious as i have one of my own.. spares would be nice.
I have everything but the case..it is spoken for. The rest I won't split up. As stated, 'all or nutin'.
(Which reminds me, gotta go through all my boxes and see if I still have the box for it. I can see the SOLO boxes on top of the stack)

no case is fine, did you ever decide a price for what you have left ?

I have everything but the case..it is spoken for. The rest I won't split up. As stated, 'all or nutin'.
(Which reminds me, gotta go through all my boxes and see if I still have the box for it. I can see the SOLO boxes on top of the stack)
FOUND THE BOX!! (Knew I had it!) :) :) :)

no case is fine, did you ever decide a price for what you have left ?
Make a *reasonable* offer...If I like it, it's yours, if not, it will collect dust some more! (((GRIN))) Keep in mind, there will be shipping involved, so no matter what price we agree on, Cross country USPS Priority Mail, with insurance, will be added!

If you still had the case I would have made an offer, I have two good flying ones and really like them using them for vineyard surveys and going to a Solo now. A great survey trainer, the IRIS+ that is

the Iris + still available? for how much? Thx

Believe it or not, yes it is....

..I never sold it, just kept it around. was going to give it to one of my grandchildren, but they all bought Mavic's. (As did I)

Where are you located? Are you interested in the case as well?

Believe it or not, yes it is....

..I never sold it, just kept it around. was going to give it to one of my grandchildren, but they all bought Mavic's. (As did I)

Where are you located? Are you interested in the case as well?
im in florida
no, im not interested in the case.

im located in Florida.

Are you interested in the big case as well? It is nice to have everything in one place and organized. Shipping could be expensive to Florida.

If you are interested, and want everything, I'll sell it for $150.00, plus the shipping. It would have to go UPS or FedEx Ground, because of the LIon batteries.
20190926_093811.jpg20190926_093913.jpg20190926_093934.jpg20190926_093954.jpg

im in florida
no, im not interested in the case.
Ahhh...just saw this reply...

I would have to get a price on packaging and shipping through the UPS store here in Reno. Might have to come in 2 packages..1 for the IRIS and another for the gimble and screen.

Are you interested in the big case as well? It is nice to have everything in one place and organized. Shipping could be expensive to Florida.

If you are interested, and want everything, I'll sell it for $150.00, plus the shipping. It would have to go UPS or FedEx Ground, because of the LIon batteries.
View attachment 10507View attachment 10503View attachment 10504View attachment 10505
Im interested. I have already the case. Without the case for how much you do it? Im a retired guy. Health issues i want it just for having fun.

Im interested. I have already the case. Without the case for how much you do it? Im a retired guy. Health issues i want it just for having fun.

The $150.00 was for the IRIS, Black Pearl screen, extra battery, screen shields, range extenders, and gimble. The case would have been extra, if wanted.

Reactions: Housspin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo