Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

New Iris +, Never Flown

Discussion in 'Iris+ Discussion' started by C6Joe, Apr 22, 2017.

1. C6Joe

I have a new, IRIS + that has never been in the air. complete with gimbal, roll around case, a some extra batteries.

Is there a market for this or would I be better off tearing it apart and selling parts piecemeal?

What are parts worth? What is the drone worth? Where would be the best place to sell it? Craig's list? eBay? local classified's?

Here? <<GRIN>>

C6Joe

2. DOA7791

i actually may know someone, interested in the Iris. a work colleague has one that is in need of repair, and may rather just get another if the price is right. could you post photos and potential asking price and I will pass the word along.

3. C6Joe

I'll take pictures later today.

Candidly, I have no idea what to ask for everything. I do know, I won't sell it piecemeal. It would be an all or nothing sale.

So, after I post images, I would guess I would entertain offers with the idea best offer would take it.

(I actually still have the original box the IRIS + came in, wonder of wonders!

Another consideration would also be location of a potential purchaser...'twould be expensive to ship. I am in Reno, Nevada.

C6Joe

4. C6Joe

_DSC4635.JPG _DSC4636-A.jpg View attachment 6152 View attachment 6152
    OK, Finally. House painting (In and out) is done and have a week until the roof is replaced..

So...

Here are the pictures. The one image shows me charging the extra battery and the extra Black Pearl screen battery

Everything is as it came from 3DRobotics, except 1 extra battery for the IRIS+ and 1 extra battery for the Black Pearl screen.

As stated, this has never been flown and I honestly don't remember if I ever fired it up to see of it would catch the sats. I just figured it would.

I have no idea what is worth. The wheeled case is worth a fortune, and the Black Pearl screen is worth a few bucks.

A ham friend of mine wants me to give it to him, as I now have 2 SOLO's that fly and one that doesn't. (For parts. It crashed from 500 feet into heavy brush, so not physically damaged, other than the legs and props. Guy was really pissed and sold it to me for 10 bucks and went out and bought the DJI Phantom Pro 4 (??) It is dead, won't power up at all, but, the battery is good, as is the controller. I have spare motors, if ever needed, and a spare gimbal, which, oddly enough, was not damaged in the fall.

So. if you will, pass this along to your friend, or if anyone is interested in this, please let me know. email is: Joe@C6Corvette.us
    (Note, that's .US, NOT .COM)

C6Joe

#4 C6Joe, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  5. DOA7791

Great, I will forward this along. what would you like your Obo price to start at?

6. C6Joe

Oh Boy..What I paid for it, lemme see..what was that..hmmm...oh, I remember $1000.00 HAHAHA

Seriously, I don't know what to expect for an asking price. I guess it would be for someone to offer and if I liked the offer, I'd sell it, otherwise, not. The shipping, unless it is picked up in Reno, would be a killer. If he potential buyer isn't interested in the case, shipping would be substantially less. I believe I have the original box around here somewhere..I never throw big box item's boxes away. (Much to the wife's chagrin) One whole side of the garage is boxes, stacked to the ceiling!

Oh, forgot, it has the Tarot gimbal as well..forgot to put it in the picture. The GoPro will not go with it. That is mounted in the car as a forward viewing camera and parking aid. Works well too! 20170503_214213.jpg

7. dacflyer

hello.. did you ever sell the iris+ ?
    or what is left to sell ?
    i am located in Fayetteville NC..
    just curious as i have one of my own.. spares would be nice.

8. The Kid

I have everything but the case..it is spoken for. The rest I won't split up. As stated, 'all or nutin'.
    (Which reminds me, gotta go through all my boxes and see if I still have the box for it. I can see the SOLO boxes on top of the stack)

9. dacflyer

no case is fine, did you ever decide a price for what you have left ?

10. The Kid

FOUND THE BOX!! (Knew I had it!) :) :) :)

11. The Kid

Make a *reasonable* offer...If I like it, it's yours, if not, it will collect dust some more! (((GRIN))) Keep in mind, there will be shipping involved, so no matter what price we agree on, Cross country USPS Priority Mail, with insurance, will be added!

12. FutureVRPilot

If you still had the case I would have made an offer, I have two good flying ones and really like them using them for vineyard surveys and going to a Solo now. A great survey trainer, the IRIS+ that is