New IOS Uodate 3.0.1=Awesome

Reaction score
The new update that literally just came out and it is awesome however I was wondering will they make it so powering on the Solo powers on the GoPro Hero 3+ or is that really just to tease us with turning it off?

The features we've all been waiting for have arrived (GoPro control) and were supposed to get ten inches of snow here on Chicago. FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike Lanzetta
The new update that literally just came out and it is awesome however I was wondering will they make it so powering on the Solo powers on the GoPro Hero 3+ or is that really just to tease us with turning it off?

They must be having some issues with that but hopefully the figure out how to send the command from the gimbal to the GoPro.

Jez don't bring that to Boston. I have wondered that though what is the best way to fly when there is a lot of snow or sand or something? Taking off is fine but landing is probably hard

oh really yes I heard some people saying it works and some its not. I did update it and by powering on Solo will not power on the GoPro yet?

why is my GoPro defaulting to NTSC now at 48fps all of a sudden instead of PAL and at 50? in the GoPro app settings it shows up as PAL but on Solo app setting it shows up at 48FPS???

No PAL for now.
From Vu Tran on Facebook's 3DR solo owners page:

"Hi all!

The Solo iOS App 1.3.0 is out! This App in combination with the Solo firmware 1.3.0 (SoloLink) will give access to the camera settings.

iOS app download: 3DR Solo on the App Store

What's New in Version 1.3.0

Control the GoPro on your Solo right from the app!

You can change:
- GoPro capture mode
- Video Resolution
- Video Frame-rate
- Video Field of View
- Photo Resolution
- Auto Low-Light Mode
- Protune on/off

IMPORTANT:
1. Camera settings control is only available for models Hero 3+ Black and Hero 4 (Silver and Black).
2. PAL settings are not available for this release.This means that users who shoot with PAL will complain
3. GoPro Hero 3+ Silver can use the latest camera firmware and the camera won't freeze when it is used with our gimbal, but users need to set the GoPro model as "Other" in the app.

Android app following up shortly!"

Just updated to 1.3.0.

Did a test run. Everything seems to be better!

There is a problem if you turn on Solo before you turn on the GoPro. So here is my sequence:

1. Turn on GoPro
2. Turn on Controller.
3. Connect iOS to Controller's Sololink WiFi
4. Turn on Solo last.

FINALLY, everything seems to working like it should. I took off, was able to change camera settings on the fly, AND my connection and range seemed better than ever!

And of course, we are now getting a snow storm here in Detroit. :-/

Safe flights everyone!

Reactions: J R
The features we've all been waiting for have arrived (GoPro control) and were supposed to get ten inches of snow here on Chicago. FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A chicago Solo flyer! I am in North Suburbs, how about you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M