New here, new to drones, loving my Solo

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and glad there's a place where newbies like me can learn.

After walking down the RC isle at my local Fry's and seeing well over a dozen drones, I let myself start down a path of wild riding and seeing how far the tunnel goes.

I bought an $80 thing with a built in 1080p camera and realized I'd been bit by the drone bug. I watched dozens of YouTube videos and knew I wanted something way better than what I had. I ordered an Iris+ from Amazon that arrived with the seal broken (nothing about that mentioned in the description) so I did a Frys.com order I was able to pick up that same night. Long story a little shorter, after a lot of trial and error I've got a Solo and love it. I can't believe how it flies. About 10 years ago I dabbled with RC helicopters and found that I almost had to know what they would do before they did it or *crash*. I've got a GoPro on my Solo and I guess maybe because I'm not a professional videographer the short movies I get look good to me. I still want the gimbal but I'm having fun with it now as well.

...Looking forward to seeing more and learning more!

Welcome to site. Enjoy your solo :)

The gimbal will make things much nicer. Kinda hard to fly FPV with it the way it is.

Thanks, rrm! BTW looking at your tagline I see you've got an antenna system on order. Could you tell me what it's all about?

Holding down the A button + the B button + the Pause button simultaneously will shut off the motors. Every Solo owner should know how to do that somewhat instinctively. If your Solo flips over on the ground, or gets hung in a tree, etc. shutting off the motors ASAP will save you $$$ on a burned out motor pod + plus being grounded until you can get a replacement.

Holding down the A button + the B button + the Pause button simultaneously will shut off the motors. Every Solo owner should know how to do that somewhat instinctively. If your Solo flips over on the ground, or gets hung in a tree, etc. shutting off the motors ASAP will save you $$$ on a burned out motor pod + plus being grounded until you can get a replacement.

Every time I land I have fingers on these buttons... Just in case!

My experience has been the same as you guys so far. I've had two solo's for weeks now with no issues. I fly them together at night about 24 inches apart at times and it's awesome. It is disturbing that some are sending theirs back. It causes me to wonder. But then what do you fly? This thing really is the future. I'm just saying.

My experience has been the same as you guys so far. I've had two solo's for weeks now with no issues. I fly them together at night about 24 inches apart at times and it's awesome. It is disturbing that some are sending theirs back. It causes me to wonder. But then what do you fly? This thing really is the future. I'm just saying.
I wonder that too... I am afraid to say I really don't have any problems other then the gps lock once in a while.

With everyone sending them back makes me thing I should too..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44