New drone owner

Reaction score
Hi y’all.

I recently purchased a 3dr solo NIB off of eBay. I had the simpleton mindset of I’d open it up & be able to fly it. Well, obviously not the case.
1. I didn’t realize 3DR is no longer in business, so they stopped updating the 3DR Solo app and now you can’t even download it.
2. I tried using the factory wifi password and it didn’t work, so now I’m having trouble factory resetting the drone.
3. I had done minimal research on drones and it the article I came across said that the 3DR solo is capable of connecting to all GoPro Hero series’. I just bought the GoPro hero 10 after my 9 got stolen, only to find out it’s not compatible with the current gimbal.

My questions are: What’s the best app/software to use to get my drone flying? Anyone have tips on factory resetting? I’ve done the 30 second hold, got the orange flashing lights, etc etc but it doesn’t seem to reset the drone. Lastly, are there any gimbals that are available out there that will connect to my GoPro Hero 10 for the Solo?

All help, advice, etc is much appreciated.

Ps, I have already requested to join the 3dr solo owners group on Facebook, I’m just awaiting approval to ask these same questions there.

Solex for Android or SidePilot for iOS.

Solex for Android or SidePilot for iOS.
I have purchased SidePilot but that doesn’t help any of my other issues. I appreciate the help

I have purchased SidePilot but that doesn’t help any of my other issues. I appreciate the help
Join the JB's 3DR Solo Owners Group on FB. All the info and anything you need is all there and searchable.

Join the JB's 3DR Solo Owners Group on FB. All the info and anything you need is all there and searchable.
I’ve requested to join but haven’t been accepted yet.

Hi y’all.

I recently purchased a 3dr solo NIB off of eBay. I had the simpleton mindset of I’d open it up & be able to fly it. Well, obviously not the case.
1. I didn’t realize 3DR is no longer in business, so they stopped updating the 3DR Solo app and now you can’t even download it.
2. I tried using the factory wifi password and it didn’t work, so now I’m having trouble factory resetting the drone.
3. I had done minimal research on drones and it the article I came across said that the 3DR solo is capable of connecting to all GoPro Hero series’. I just bought the GoPro hero 10 after my 9 got stolen, only to find out it’s not compatible with the current gimbal.

My questions are: What’s the best app/software to use to get my drone flying? Anyone have tips on factory resetting? I’ve done the 30 second hold, got the orange flashing lights, etc etc but it doesn’t seem to reset the drone. Lastly, are there any gimbals that are available out there that will connect to my GoPro Hero 10 for the Solo?

All help, advice, etc is much appreciated.

Ps, I have already requested to join the 3dr solo owners group on Facebook, I’m just awaiting approval to ask these same questions there.
Check out Ardupilot:
(ArduPilot Firmware Download)
(ArduPilot Discourse)

Got my 3DR Iris+ in the air because of the help I received from the site.
Good Luck!
Frank

i have same problem, after setting to opensolo 4 via side-pilot , i have always throttle failsafe on , i cant arm, any advice ?

In 2022, both this forum and the fb group are active yet divergent. I learned this over the last 48hrs trying to wrangle an undomesticated gimbal. Can the fb group somehow unload their key threads and resources somewhere here or in the opensolo wiki for honor and posterity? Even a pastedump would be valuable to make user searches return more holistic results.

Check out Ardupilot:
(ArduPilot Firmware Download)
(ArduPilot Discourse)

Got my 3DR Iris+ in the air because of the help I received from the site.
Good Luck!
Frank
Frank,
I haven’t been on here in several years but was looking somebody up today and saw your post.
If you haven’t already learned, the gimbal was only available for the hero 3 & 4 GoPros. I believe the size/shape of the GoPro changed with the 5 and would no longer fit the gimbal.
I don’t think the Solo app for iOS works any longer. I stopped using it when Solex came out, so I bought a cheap Android tablet and used that. Hope this helps!

Mark
(Inventor of the Brite Lite LED lighting system for Solo)

In 2022, both this forum and the fb group are active yet divergent. I learned this over the last 48hrs trying to wrangle an undomesticated gimbal. Can the fb group somehow unload their key threads and resources somewhere here or in the opensolo wiki for honor and posterity? Even a pastedump would be valuable to make user searches return more holistic results.
Most of what is shared in the FB group is also here. There FB group is much more active. I help people in both places constantly. The info is just easier to find and maintain in the FB group. If you know of a way to copy it all to another platform let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc