New Deal at B&H - 3DR Solo Quadcopter with 3-Axis Gimbal

I just bought the one with the spare battery for 362$ . My question is what else might I need to operate this . I have a GoPro 3 black which I understand will work but I can't turn it on and off inflight . Suppose I could use the camera remote . I was into this hobby years ago when they weren't called drones so I have some background . Do I need cables or anything. Does this use gps satellites ?

I just bought the one with the spare battery for 362$ . My question is what else might I need to operate this . I have a GoPro 3 black which I understand will work but I can't turn it on and off inflight . Suppose I could use the camera remote . I was into this hobby years ago when they weren't called drones so I have some background . Do I need cables or anything. Does this use gps satellites ?
Welcome, Ratdog. You really need to download and read the Solo owners manual. All your questions and much more can be found there. I highly advise looking the manual over thoroughly before flying. Good luck, and welcome aboard.

Reactions: Dave Tolsky

I highly recommend upgrading the GPS mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade
It took a very long time for GPS lock flying stock and when I finally flew it kept dropping out and I was in a huge open field, I didn't feel comfortable.
This is very easy to put in, they have a tutorial. It's well worth the $80 for a bit more piece of mind not to mention the Solo was so cheap to begin with. I also got an Asus tablet and started using Solex, didn't like the iphone with the outdated 3dr app and the developer Kelly Schrock is great. It's really been a great experience and most of the members on here are really very knowledgable, helpful and understanding, some...not so much. You'll find out soon enough. If they start tearing you down just ignore it. I also started immediately making money by providing footage to clients. I'm a filmmaker so the video aspect was very important to me. I wish you the best of luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44