Need help, solo blinking after startup.

Reaction score
first of all, sorry for my bad english.

i own solo about a month now, and i just curious what happen to my solo. every time i turn on the solo, the led number 3 blinking green few times. everything is normal except this light number 3, maybe anyone here know what's wrong with my solo.

i think, it happen after i've done the gps mod in youtube

i tried to change the led from solex, done the calibration, but still the same.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Flashing green doesn't appear to mean anything in particular is wrong.
LED Meanings | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
I did see a video at one point that said arms would light up different if there was a motor pod issue but I don't recall what the video was about. Probably motor pods but I watch a lot of video and don't remember for sure. If that was the case though solo should not complete the startup sequence. Do you get to ready to fly? If you do I would guess you have a bad led or connection between the mainboard and the esc on the motor pod.

Flashing green doesn't appear to mean anything in particular is wrong. LED Meanings | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology I did see a video at one point that said arms would light up different if there was a motor pod issue but I don't recall what the video was about. Probably motor pods but I watch a lot of video and don't remember for sure. If that was the case though solo should not complete the startup sequence. Do you get to ready to fly? If you do I would guess you have a bad led or connection between the mainboard and the esc on the motor pod.
everything is fine, except this light. i'm affraid something wrong with the motor, but i did swap between motor number 3 and motor number 4.

it still blinking, but unlike yesterday. it blinking but not as bright as yesterday.

Last edited:
It is possible that they added something to the led flashing that signals something else and just didn't update what is on the website. 3DR isn't very good about updating information on their site when they change things in new firmware. If you changed to a different pod and it still does it then it is either a bad connection at the board or the Solo is sending a flashing signal to that arm for some reason. The wires going to the arms are located on the corners of the board and it is possible you bumped one loose when doing the GPS mod. I would look at that first and if it isn't the problem contact 3dr through the chat function on their site(Email is much slower for responses) and ask if it signifies anything in particular.

If you swapped out the stock GPS for the M8N (I did) you have voided your warranty. I get better GPS performance and don't regret doing it. I had no issues with the LED's afterwards, but in viewing your video it looks like you might have a loose connection now.

Last edited:
i've done the gps mod, i checked all the cable. make sure no loose connection, and i tried to swap between the motors. lets see what happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc