my maden flight.

I got the same email over the weekend. I thought it was stupid. Guess I don't fit their normal demographics or something.

Last week they told me my Solo would ship Friday or today. This was after being told it would ship last week for sure by someone else. Over the weekend Vu Tran (one of the 3DR VPs) sent me an email and told me it would ship in the next two days.

I am pretty sure the Friday or today was not true. Well Friday wasn't for sure :)

So lets see if it ships tomorrow.

I am just about ready to order a P3. Getting tired of the whole 3DR thing.

For what its worth Vu Tran told me that 3DR botched the pre-order's as they did not carve out enough units to take care of customers. This was after bitching I have had Solo on order 2 months and any Tom, Dick or Harry is walking into Best Buy Saturday and taking them home.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT RRMCCABE..3DR started in the Red Zone, but during the past 6 weeks have been pushed back to the 45 yard line. Now it's 3rd and long...real long..Lets see if they pull this one out..I'm still rooting for them, but my enthusiasm and team spirit is dwindling with each post by someone who just walked into a Best Buy today and purchased off the shelf when folks like you and I preordered 8 weeks ago

Reactions: TheeRod
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT RRMCCABE..3DR started in the Red Zone, but during the past 6 weeks have been pushed back to the 45 yard line. Now it's 3rd and long...real long..Lets see if they pull this one out..I'm still rooting for them, but my enthusiasm and team spirit is dwindling with each post by someone who just walked into a Best Buy today and purchased off the shelf when folks like you and I preordered 8 weeks ago

Well said :)

Here is what Mr. Tran told me.

Vu (3drobotics)

Jun 14, 7:01 AM

Hi Rich,

I know. I'm sorry for that. We botched up the pre-orders logic. We are fulfilling the orders as they came in but obviously we should have carved out more for direct orders.

Best regards,
Vu Tran
VP, Support

Well said :)

Here is what Mr. Tran told me.

Vu (3drobotics)

Jun 14, 7:01 AM

Hi Rich,

I know. I'm sorry for that. We botched up the pre-orders logic. We are fulfilling the orders as they came in but obviously we should have carved out more for direct orders.

Best regards,
Vu Tran
VP, Support

I would have responded........if you ship me (2) Free batteries its all forgotten LOL

Reactions: TaniaGail
I would have responded........if you ship me (2) Free batteries its all forgotten LOL

Yea thinking that is not going to happen.

Just find it frustrating that we signed up and gave them our credit card two months ago based on a little faith they were going to make a nice product. Then they leave us hanging (as they already have us on the hook) so they could sell to anyone that walks in the door at Best Buy.

why don't u just go to bb and get one.
i did this sat.

Because they are going to follow through with what they said or I am going to go buy something else. My issue at the moment is 3DR as a company. So far they have not done one thing they told me they were going to do. So either they ship tomorrow or as I said I am out. I don't want to be associated with them as their word on anything doesn't mean much to me.

I know I have said this before but the P3 suites my flying better. I stepped up to 3DR and spent $700 more when its all said and done to get a 4k no fisheye machine. All based on 3DRs great customer service.........

Certainly know where you guys are coming from. I ordered on May 6th from 3DR. Over the weekend, impulse buyers are walking in to a retailer and walking out with a Solo. We all pre-ordered thinking they would at least take care of the pre-orders first. I think what they said about being caught off guard and the demand is probably correct. But they had a contract to provide Best Buy a certain # of machines and left us out. I hope they are getting an ear full from their other retailers as well! So today I try calling them for the first time. Both times I was on hold for about 20 minutes when the phone went to a message telling me to call back during business hours, but it was 1:30pm their time.

thinking they would at least take care of the pre-orders first.

Well that is what they told us. Was printed on the order page too :)

Both times I was on hold for about 20 minutes when the phone went to a message telling me to call back during business hours, but it was 1:30pm their time.

Yea that was annoying. LOL

here is a video of my last flight.
sats came yp in less than 45 seconds.
went up to 375 feet and out to 1000 feet.
perfect flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig