my maden flight.

Reaction score
made my maden flight.
worked perfect.
just like an old buick.
i turned the go pro on but didn't get any video.have to work on that.
flew it until i got 25 percent on the solo controler than landed it manualy.
landed perfect.
to many bugs flying around and to hot.
flew it in the granney mode and it flew fine.
slow but fine.
could not see phone because of the glare.
seems all good so far.

i guess we will have to turn the camer on manualy before we get the gimble.

Found this in my email box this morning..

Great News!

Your Solo is being hand cared for by 1000 white-gloved workers, carefully placing Solo into it's package for a short nap before arriving on your doorstep. They are singing their departure lullabies, each worker feeling like they are sending their children off to college. Some even have tears in their eyes. Your Solo will ship between 6/15 to 6/25 and will arrive 4 to 5 days after shipment. Your Solo is ready for you and the wonderful adventures you'll have together! Thank you for being so patient with us, don't forget to visit and please write to us every once in awhile. We'll be thinking of you.

Great News!

Your Solo is being hand cared for by 1000 white-gloved workers, carefully placing Solo into it's package for a short nap before arriving on your doorstep. They are singing their departure lullabies, each worker feeling like they are sending their children off to college. Some even have tears in their eyes. Your Solo will ship between 6/15 to 6/25 and will arrive 4 to 5 days after shipment. Your Solo is ready for you and the wonderful adventures you'll have together! Thank you for being so patient with us, don't forget to visit and please write to us every once in awhile. We'll be thinking of you.
Not sure if I'd laugh or frown at that......:rolleyes: A two week window??

Great News!

WTF.........I guess they think they are selling to a bunch of 6 year old little girls. Thats suppose to be professional?

Reactions: AmosMoses
WTF.........I guess they think they are selling to a bunch of 6 year old little girls. Thats suppose to be professional?
Not sure about his email.........This is the one I got from Colin. Yeah, we're good friends now and I just call him by his first name. LOL! Maybe after ya register they get a bit more professional?

"Thank you so much for being one of Solo's very first users. We here at 3DR have worked very hard on making Solo the best tool for aerial video—and we’ll keep improving the product with new free features and improvements via software updates, along with new modular hardware like our Solo Gimbal and other “Made for Solo” accessories. Solo will continue to be a labor of love for all of us here, and we want you to get the most out of it.

And we also have a favor to ask. Since you represent the bleeding edge of Solo users, we really want your feedback—the good and the bad, big issues and small. Even if you experience a minor issue that clears by just turning Solo off and on again, we want to hear about it.

Don't be shy! Send your feedback via our mobile apps, or just email s[email protected].

Again, we’re very excited you’re flying Solo and we hope you’ll love it as much as we do! You having an awesome experience with Solo and with 3DR is the driving factor of our company - so please let us know how we can make things better for you!

Cheers!"

Reactions: SKP
Don't be shy
I'll take that over the robotic non-response of DJI and their disdain for their customers.
Someone in 3DR's marketing department is a bit playful and maybe drank a little too much sugar water - if they mean it - that's way better IMHO

I got the same email over the weekend. I thought it was stupid. Guess I don't fit their normal demographics or something.

Last week they told me my Solo would ship Friday or today. This was after being told it would ship last week for sure by someone else. Over the weekend Vu Tran (one of the 3DR VPs) sent me an email and told me it would ship in the next two days.

I am pretty sure the Friday or today was not true. Well Friday wasn't for sure :)

So lets see if it ships tomorrow.

I am just about ready to order a P3. Getting tired of the whole 3DR thing.

For what its worth Vu Tran told me that 3DR botched the pre-order's as they did not carve out enough units to take care of customers. This was after bitching I have had Solo on order 2 months and any Tom, Dick or Harry is walking into Best Buy Saturday and taking them home.

I got the same email over the weekend. I thought it was stupid. Guess I don't fit their normal demographics or something.

Last week they told me my Solo would ship Friday or today. This was after being told it would ship last week for sure by someone else. Over the weekend Vu Tran (one of the 3DR VPs) sent me an email and told me it would ship in the next two days.

I am pretty sure the Friday or today was not true. Well Friday wasn't for sure :)

So lets see if it ships tomorrow.

I am just about ready to order a P3. Getting tired of the whole 3DR thing.

For what its worth Vu Tran told me that 3DR botched the pre-order's as they did not carve out enough units to take care of customers. This was after bitching I have had Solo on order 2 months and any Tom, Dick or Harry is walking into Best Buy Saturday and taking them home.

Botched is being kind, I think very few of the people who did the preorder have received them. Seems like everyone is going to BB LOL

Yea well I just talked to them. I called because my credit card expiration date changed as I have been pre-ordered so long. They said it was fine and not to worry about it.

What they told me last week about shipping Friday or today is not true. They say it will ship tomorrow.

If it does not ship tomorrow I am out and back to DJI. The only reason I went with 3DR was its supposed to be a better company. As this point I am not sure I agree. Botched pre-order and a different story every time I call them.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
Yea well I just talked to them. I called because my credit card expiration date changed as I have been pre-ordered so long. They said it was fine and not to worry about it.

What they told me last week about shipping Friday or today is not true. They say it will ship tomorrow.

If it does not ship tomorrow I am out and back to DJI. The only reason I went with 3DR was its supposed to be a better company. As this point I am not sure I agree. Botched pre-order and a different story every time I call them.

I can fully understand your frustration. And even though I'm not happy with my Solo (going back tonight) I think you should hang in there. I've had a P1, P2 and a Inspire. Take it from me, DJI has the worst customer service anywhere

Maybe the next batch out of the factory will be earmarked for us preorders plus a few thousand. It's getting very hard to be patient....:confused:

I understand things happen. But poor communication is inexcusable.

Today he was giving me some BS about talking to shipping. I was not sure to make of it. Either it was another lie on when it would ship or maybe they were shipping to the "squeaky wheels" that called in.

Great News!

Is this from 3DR or a reseller? Wish I would get one.......corny as it is.:D

I'll take that over the robotic non-response of DJI and their disdain for their customers.
Someone in 3DR's marketing department is a bit playful and maybe drank a little too much sugar water - if they mean it - that's way better IMHO
I believe it's Tequila and Dos Equis that the 3DR customer service folks are sipping down there. Oh yea, and perhaps partaking in a little peyote too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso