Motor damage ,

Reaction score
So long story short my solo ended up in the sand upside down with motors full thrust... I now have at least one seized motor and I'd imagine damage to the other motors ... my question is .. should I replace with stock motors or "upgrade" to the t motors ? Thanks in advance

I think that would depend partially on whether or not the ESC's were damaged in any way. If damaged, you will need to buy a replacement pod(s) anyway. Then add the cost of the T- motor on top of that.

I would clean the other 3 motors thoroughly using compressed air (carefully) and perhaps an aerosol electronics/contact- type cleaner and let dry completely. Lube the bearings with something like Tri-flow and see how they perform.

If they are ok, and you have the skills to replace the stock motors, then that is an option. Most people report the T- motors are quieter.

I would read the T- motor threads and see what you think. I have been running stock motors since I got my 1st Solo 2 years ago. Haven't wanted to put the money into T- motors yet.

@RichWest is much more of an authority on T- motors as he has them. If he doesn't chime in here, send him a PM.

Reactions: DennisTPfpv
The t-motors we used are discontinued, lumenier from getfpv is rebranded t-motors..only 900 & 1100kv though. Water damage is hit and miss, ESC could be damaged...I wouldn't risk that they are gtg. Bearings could be replaced on the motors and they would be gtg.

Reactions: taporter and Maddog
Reread the op...no water just sand. Try blowing the motors out. Disassembly would make the task easier. Blue tack or similar works well to get what the air doesn't. Replace bearings.

Plenty of posts here describing pod disassembly and bearing replacement...

The t-motors we used are discontinued, lumenier from getfpv is rebranded t-motors..only 900 & 1100kv though. Water damage is hit and miss, ESC could be damaged...I wouldn't risk that they are gtg. Bearings could be replaced on the motors and they would be gtg.
What would you recommend as a T- motor alternative?
What is the difference among KV ratings?

I'd refer back to the motor swap thread for comparisons. If Luminier are built as the original t-motors MT's, then I'd chose them. I'd be happy with the 900 kV.

Beyond the mechanical aspect, I have little advice.

Reactions: Maddog
I'd refer back to the motor swap thread for comparisons. If Luminier are built as the original t-motors MT's, then I'd chose them. I'd be happy with the 900 kV.

Beyond the mechanical aspect, I have little advice.
Thanks Amigo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44