Motor cable harness

Reaction score
While installing my Wi-Fi upgrade card, one of the cable harness cables came loose from the connector. How can i securely reconnect the cable to the connector? Is there anyway I can do this with a minimum of tools? I'm on travel and foolishly undertook this project in a hotel room.
1451686591985-1079093273.jpg
Thanks for any help!

While installing my Wi-Fi upgrade card, one of the cable harness cables came loose from the connector. How can i securely reconnect the cable to the connector? Is there anyway I can do this with a minimum of tools? I'm on travel and foolishly undertook this project in a hotel room.
View attachment 2214
Thanks for any help!
It's hard to see on an iPhone, but you should be able to see how far the wire was pushed in by carefully examining the red sheath - which should be slightly indented/compressed. Mark that with a pen. Then just push the wire back to that point. That's the easy part. (Marking with a pen is probably over kill - you'll know when it's all the way in).

The "hard" part can be getting it to stay when the bird gets jostled around. So for that you securely tape the wire to the other wires next to it so that it won't jiggle out. If you have duct tape it's best - blow dry to heat the tape so when it cools it will set and last a long time. Electricians tape is good too of course. But even scotch tape will work temporarily. That should hold the wire in place until you get home. If you have access to a glue gun use that instead.

Tweezers could be handy if you've got them.

Last edited:
It's hard to see on an iPhone, but you should be able to see how far the wire was pushed in by carefully examining the red sheath - which should be slightly indented/compressed. Mark that with a pen. Then just push the wire back to that point. That's the easy part. (Marking with a pen is probably over kill - you'll know when it's all the way in).

The "hard" part can be getting it to stay when the bird gets jostled around. So for that you securely tape the wire to the other wires next to it so that it won't jiggle out. If you have duct tape it's best - blow dry to heat the tape so when it cools it will set and last a long time. Electricians tape is good too of course. But even scotch tape will work temporarily. That should hold the wire in place until you get home. If you have access to a glue gun use that instead.

Tweezers could be handy if you've got them.

Erik,
This is more or less what I've opted to do. I'm visiting VortexHobbies in the morning, and if they can't help me with a part, then I'll insert with a tad of extra wire, connect, test it. If the test demonstrates contact, then I'll hot glue it. I found a mini hot glue gun with a single stick of glue at Walmart for 1.97, so couldn't pass it up. It'll work temporarily until I can get 3DR to send me a .24 cent part with 19.00 shipping (no kidding).
DF13 6 Position Connector 15 cm - 3DRobotics Inc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus