Mission Planner Viewing logs flight times

I still wear a watch, its not a wind up type, it has a gps as i use for cycling. I must be "old school" if I go anywhere without a watch on I feel "not fully dressed "

I am going to try carpys suggestion and see if my log times correct, agree it must be getting time from gps as the gpx files opened in a gpx reader show correct time.

Maybe its because I am in Australia and thing are different here.
Rob, can you send me one of your logs, I would like to look at it.

You are right David. I need to dig around in the code to verify my assumption that it uses the HW clock when Solo boots until it gets the date/time from GPS.
Artoo on the other hand...I assume it gets the date/time from the connected device. And same sort of deal, gets the time from the HW clock at boot but resets the time after a device is connected.

Neither Solo nor the controller have a hardware clock. Their system clocks gets set to the GPS time once it has a lock. The current system time gets periodically written to a file. When Solo and controller are turned on the time in this file gets loaded into the system clock. It runs from here until it gets updated from the GPS.

This means until the Solo has a GPS lock the clock is behind. If you fly without a GPS lock the time in the Solo log files will be wrong.

Tower logs will be fine as the Android device time will be used.

Neither Solo nor the controller have a hardware clock. Their system clocks gets set to the GPS time once it has a lock. The current system time gets periodically written to a file. When Solo and controller are turned on the time in this file gets loaded into the system clock. It runs from here until it gets updated from the GPS.

This means until the Solo has a GPS lock the clock is behind. If you fly without a GPS lock the time in the Solo log files will be wrong.

Tower logs will be fine as the Android device time will be used.
Ok, good correction! The file is called timestamp in /etc on Artoo. Artoo uses this file at boot (like you said) until it connects to Solo and gets the date/time from GPS--no device time involved. The file gets written again with the last known time when Artoo shuts down.

Will do, I will upload to dropbox and send you a link via private message, I think they call in conversation on this site
This is a log from the other day, I know this flight was approx 15 min, log shows 2.22min

Log File C:\Users\Rob Power\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9D98.tmp.log
Size (kb) 22811.208984375
No of lines 318378
Duration 0:02:22
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version solo-1.3.1
Firmware Hash 7e9206cc
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Autotune = NA -
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (6.73%)
Max mag field length (677.55) > recommended (550.00)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.65, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Motor Balance = GOOD - Motor channel averages = [1504, 1463, 1482, 1434]
Average motor output = 1471
Difference between min and max motor averages = 70
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = NA -
Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
Test: Thrust = NA -
Test: VCC = GOOD -
When talking to Rob, it appears to be a bug in Mission Planner when it converts the dataflash (BIN) file to a log file and calcutates the flight duration. I'm not sure if this bug is for Solo dataflash logs only, but it would be pretty easy to find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea