Mission planner questions

Yes you need to change a parameter to disable that particular fail safe.

FS_GCS_ENABLE
Set it to 0 or 2

I use 0, but probably 2 is the better choice for you.

It's described here:
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters/
Yes you need to change a parameter to disable that particular fail safe.

FS_GCS_ENABLE
Set it to 0 or 2

I use 0, but probably 2 is the better choice for you.

It's described here:
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters/

I thought 0 was default. I have a specific thread about this subject where I was trying to find someone that has actually used this parameter. Wasn't sure where RC_OVERRIDE comes into play. I want to use 2 for this parameter but haven't gotten around to testing it.
FS_GCS_ENABLE - has anyone actually used it? | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

1 is the default. I use 0. But that's because I turn off all fail safes. Don't do that - I have my reasons, but 2 is best.
Well I just looked at my parameters through Tower and mine is set at 0. I have never changed a setting....first time to look a param's.

Well I just looked at my parameters through Tower and mine is set at 0. I have never changed a setting....first time to look a param's.
Surprising. I suppose in one of the recent software updates 3DR could have decided to set it to 0 by default, but I can't imagine why they would completely disable that failsafe by default.

I really like the gimbal control in Tower. Something I just stumbled on to.:D

For those in the dark like me. Once you get the video feed going, you can finger drag up and down to control the gimbal tilt. Way away from me, i poked to the side of the feed and it did like a peek. Did it to the right, would not do it to the left. Close to home that didn't work at all. Wierd.

Cool though. Didn't launch the solo app at all on that flight.

Reactions: RichWest
Surprising. I suppose in one of the recent software updates 3DR could have decided to set it to 0 by default, but I can't imagine why they would completely disable that failsafe by default.

Well my understanding is that this parameter isn't active under normal conditions like when using the solo app. Mine is set at 0 too by default and I almost had a heart attack. That goes backing to the RC_OVERRIDE setting I was asking about. In my other thread someone mentioned that going into Auto mode in Tower is the equivalent of setting RC_OVERRIDE. So only when that's active do the values set in the FS_GCS_ENABLE parameter become applicable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44