Missing selfie or follow mode - why?

Reaction score
Just enjoyed my second successful Solo flight, after replacing the faulty compass sensor.

I had planned to try out the smart shots, like selfie.

I could see options for cable cam and orbit, but not selfie or follow.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S2, with GPS location on and set to GPS and WiFi.

The app is at version 2.3.0. Controller and Solo are at 2.4.0.

I tried "Enable advance flight modes" which gave me various manual flight options, but no selfie or follow.

Surely Selfie and Follow are supported by Android? I bought the Tab S2 specifically for Solo based on numerous suggestions on the forum.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Don't understand that. I have the Galaxy Tab S2 8" and see them fine in 2.3.0 - In Smart Shots... Selfie icon far left, then CC, then Orbit, and then Follow far right. Can't imagine any tablet not at least seeing those, though. You could try rebooting tablet, reinstalling 2.3.0... but I cannot imagine what is actually going on as I've always seen the icons on both my Galaxy S5 and tablet.

Reactions: todderz
Yep, it's as up to date as is available.

Don't know what was going on this morning but I've removed and reinstalled the app and now when I hit the clapperboard icon I see all 4 smart shot modes.

I must have been doing something wrong or not looking properly.

Just need to try it in flight now, see if it really works.

There doesn't seem to be an option to assign selfie or follow to the A/B buttons. Or is it just me again?

...There doesn't seem to be an option to assign selfie or follow to the A/B buttons. Or is it just me again?
No... Selfie and Follow aren't in the list, but FLY: Manual should probably be assigned to 'A".

Tried again just now and it all worked as expected.

Why FLY: manual on A? For recovering from unexpected behaviour?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44