Man they almost blew gopro out

I just got one from Banggood. Luckily it works with the Yi app because all the menus etc are in Chinese and can't be changed to English! The image quality though is remarkable. Shooting at 1080p 120fps gives ultra smooth slowmo. Combined with a handheld gimbal it's rock steady and the images are crisp and detailed. Of all the action cameras I own (GoPro 4 Black & Silver, PeauPro 82, Gitup2, Gitup2 with 4.35mm lens, SJ4000, SJ5000) it's definitely the best. Too bad it can't be integrated to the Solo.

even if it just had video out, you could use it on DIY platforms.
with that missing, end of story for drone work

It does have a micro-usb video out. Also, it has 5.8ghz wifi so for close-in work you could get away with using the app. I have it on a "Fat Phantom" sitting on a Geocalla gimbal right now, will test fly it this week.

so you are getting video stream back to a ground station?
wifi would most likely cause issues, but if you could get video feed back to a screen on the ground it might be worth a second look on my DIY

At the moment I have no Vtx installed, so just using the 5.8 ghz wifi to stream to my phone. I have some micro-usb fpv cables somewhere, just have to dig through my rat's nest to find it and test with a Vtx. No reason why it shouldn't work though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buildnfly