Man charged after shooting down drone

Appears most of the comments are from conspiracy theorists. (usual internet trolling)
The consensus is that they are worried about peeping toms spying on their underage kids.
As a drone operator, I can say it's pretty hard to get a good shot of a person unless you are flying pretty close. (however, I haven't explored alternate lenses for my GoPro). I also refrain from hovering over personal property for too long, and especially not at a low altitude.
Without being there to witness the events, it's hard to say which party was really acting inappropriately. If the operator was hovering low and in the shooter's personal space, I can understand him being irate. Was shooting it down the right idea? Probably not. There may have been a better solution.

Appears most of the comments are from conspiracy theorists. (usual internet trolling)
The consensus is that they are worried about peeping toms spying on their underage kids.
As a drone operator, I can say it's pretty hard to get a good shot of a person unless you are flying pretty close. (however, I haven't explored alternate lenses for my GoPro). I also refrain from hovering over personal property for too long, and especially not at a low altitude.
Without being there to witness the events, it's hard to say which party was really acting inappropriately. If the operator was hovering low and in the shooter's personal space, I can understand him being irate. Was shooting it down the right idea? Probably not. There may have been a better solution.
In some countries (like Australia) it's illegal to fly a drone over someone's backyard. They may eventually do that here, but I doubt it.

There's too much paranoia about drones. People are afraid, and there is no reason.

The mom of a friend was worried about this. peeping Tom's and privacy issues.

I reminded her that a peeping Tom doesn't need a drone. And if someone is bad, they will be bad, no matter if a drone is involved or not. Most drone operators have morals and aren't out to try to peek into someone's backyard or windows.

The guy with the gun was just wrong! This breaks so many safety rules I don't know where to begin. I see that at least he was shooing using a shotgun that has a limited range and the shotfall from shooting into the air won't be as dangerous as some other types of firearms. It looks like he is being prosecuted.

There's too much paranoia about drones. People are afraid, and there is no reason.

The mom of a friend was worried about this. peeping Tom's and privacy issues.

I reminded her that a peeping Tom doesn't need a drone. And if someone is bad, they will be bad, no matter if a drone is involved or not. Most drone operators have morals and aren't out to try to peek into someone's backyard or windows.

The guy with the gun was just wrong! This breaks so many safety rules I don't know where to begin. I see that at least he was shooing using a shotgun that has a limited range and the shotfall from shooting into the air won't be as dangerous as some other types of firearms. It looks like he is being prosecuted.
Yep, a lot of paranoia about RC and cameras now days, and I blame most all of it on media hype. People worry about their back yard privacy now, but hobbyist have been putting cameras on models for many many years. And cameras on full size helis and airplanes for longer than that, with much better cameras and bigger zoom lenses.

Just saw this on YouTube and ties right in here.. lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc