magnetic interference

Reaction score
I have read all the prior threads in here about Magnetic interference. Nowhere is a solution identified. I had the problem for the first time today. does this mean all of us have useless Solos?

I had that happen only in side of one of my job sites because of all the steel around me and on the roof because of the steel rebar in the cement I put foam insulation under the solo and was good to go

The 3dr seems to be more sensitive to magnetic interference from surfaces it may be on or close to. It can be annoying, just as multiple calibrations are. Simply find a spit away from metal, not always convenient, but necessary for this bird.

Reactions: twk01
twk01
Thanks for your reply. how thick is the foam and by underside i assume full coverage of the body of the drone?

it was 2 in foam but was not added to the solo just used like a landing or take off pad to block the solos compass for the metal interference

My grandsons is getting that same message and we have it in a pasture 75' from fences and 150 ' from any concrete. Have tried compas caliburation numerous times. Called 3DR and only get a message. Emailed them and they want me to do all this stuff on my computer to send flight logs. We have not got it even turning a prop yet.
Any help on this??

My grandsons is getting that same message and we have it in a pasture 75' from fences and 150 ' from any concrete. Have tried compas caliburation numerous times. Called 3DR and only get a message. Emailed them and they want me to do all this stuff on my computer to send flight logs. We have not got it even turning a prop yet.
Any help on this??

It's not a recommended procedure by any means, but if you're really feeling stuck you might try removing the leg compass completely and trying a little percussive therapy. Sometimes a quick tap on a moderately hard surface will unstick the little MEMS wheel inside, allowing it to rotate freely.

Again, NOT A RECOMMENDED PROCEDURE, but sometimes it helps.

Any help on this??

I'd try another location you don't know what's in the ground. A good metal detector will tell you if there is any metal or even a deposit of burned Cole which
could have a high metallic content in it. Underground power cables and gas pipelines are good causes of problems like that. A person just never knows
what is in the ground and a high iron or mineral content could be present also?

3dr read my logs and said it is the compass. said they would send a new one, but that was 8 weeks ago or longer.

I would check back with them and if you bought the Solo from a Dealer, Amazon, Ebay and used PayPal you might want to check on that. The longer you wait
the more than likely you won't get the problem resolved. Keep all of your correspondence and email messages. I had a run-in with TomTop :( on a quad and
they sat on processing for 2 1/2 months then supposedly shipped it and left a bogus tracking number. I purchased through PayPal and had to process a claim
on them and it took almost another month to get reimbursed. I've had to use PayPal several times to file a claim so don't ever let a seller give excuses to you
for not shipping an item especially on Ebay. Ebay has a grace period and will close your claim's case then you have to go to PayPal to get the claim resolved
and then it takes time and there is no guarantee that PayPal will rule in your favor. Amazon is probably the best place to buy off of because of their warranty.
You might be better off just buying a new compass and installing it yourself.

I would check back with them and if you bought the Solo from a Dealer, Amazon, Ebay and used PayPal you might want to check
on that. The longer you waitthe more than likely you won't get the problem resolved. Keep all of your correspondence and email
messages. I had a run-in with TomTop :( on a quad and they sat on processing for 2 1/2 months then supposedly shipped it and
left a bogus tracking number. I purchased through PayPal and had to process a claim on them and it took almost another a month
to get reimbursed. I've had to use PayPal several times to file a claim so don't ever let a seller give excuses to you for not
shipping an item especially on Ebay. Ebay has a grace period and will close your claim's case then you have to go to PayPal to
get the claim resolved and then it takes time and there is no guarantee that PayPal will rule in your favor. Amazon is probably
the best place to buy from because of their warranty. You might be better off just buying a new compass and installing it yourself.

You could just buy a new leg and compass from eBay or B&H for $15.
Also when you are doing the compass calibration, make sure you are not wearing a watch or even carrying a big key ring in you ur pocket.

You could just buy a new leg and compass from eBay or B&H for $15.
Also when you are doing the compass calibration, make sure you are not wearing a watch or even carrying a big key ring in you ur pocket.

Yeah, I know but some fellas might have problems understanding how to remove/replace a compass on the Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150