Magnetic interfere

Reaction score
is there any way to override magnetic interfere? Like force it to fly when there is magnetic interfere

Nope, at least I tried.

Lift the solo 30cm above ground and fly manual, by-passing GPS lock requirement. Solo can sense the steel re-bar on my pool perimeter floor, and warned me of that magnetic interference.

If you are on a steel ship, that I don't know how far you must keep Solo away from the metal.

However this Solo compass seems to be very sensitive, where my Phantom 1 did not read magnetic inteference ( does it have such safety parameter --I don't know ) , the Solo will detect.

I placed Solo on my baby grand piano, with metal part like 25cm below the Solo, it still stated magnetic inteference.

Nope, at least I tried.

Lift the solo 30cm above ground and fly manual, by-passing GPS lock requirement. Solo can sense the steel re-bar on my pool perimeter floor, and warned me of that magnetic interference.

If you are on a steel ship, that I don't know how far you must keep Solo away from the metal.

However this Solo compass seems to be very sensitive, where my Phantom 1 did not read magnetic inteference ( does it have such safety parameter --I don't know ) , the Solo will detect.

I placed Solo on my baby grand piano, with metal part like 25cm below the Solo, it still stated magnetic inteference.

well I hope they will fix it. Its kinda frustating

Last edited:
I don't think they will ever do that, because Solo understood and intented that most users do not fly manual . Compass in good calibration is one of the must have flight data parameters, so I can say Solo will not allow any flight if such super important data is missing. Its like automatic transmission car, from parking to Drive, you must step on the brakes when switching to D, car manufacturer will not allow by-passing that.

It shouldn't be to difficult to move your Solo to avoid magnetic interference. The effect should decrease exponentially as you move the Solo away from whatever is causing the interference. Inverse square law.

For example, I can't take off directly from the roof of my car, but if I put a cardboard box on top of my car I'm fine. It only creates about a foot and a half (half a meter) of space between the Solo and the car roof. The same inverse square law applies to interference from steel bridges or power lines. You may notice your Solo acting wonky if you fly too close to either, but back away a little and the effect should die down quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela