M8N GPS Cable

The only thing I do not know is, is the wiring on the PH1 and Solo the same for the 6 pin connector
I am approaching this from a DIY PH1
My solo gps's are working just fine. Unless this thing just rocks my DIY I will not be changing solo
The pin out on the solo is same as the pixhawk.

Reactions: pyrate
Okay... confirming.... I am understanding from you and Texzin that the above M8N is set with the updated baud rate, etc because it's allegedly set for PixHawk parameters?!?

The pin-out won't matter as I can insert the correct wires into the 6-pin connector where they have to be to match the pin-out on the (old) Solo GPS board.

Okay... confirming.... I am understanding from you and Texzin that the above M8N is set with the updated baud rate, etc because it's allegedly set for PixHawk parameters?!?.
I would better check if that is true.
These are the must-params:
  • PRT: Baud Rate 38400
  • RATE: Measurement period 200 msec (5 Hz)
  • NAV5: Dynamic Model Airborne <4G; Fix Mode 3 – Auto 2D/3D
The m8n will work with the factory defaults as well, but you will not reach the max performance possible.

Also, you may considering to update to the 3.01 firmware and enable Galileo by checking the box under the GNSS params in the Ublox monitoring software.

I would better check if that is true.
These are the must-params:
  • PRT: Baud Rate 38400
  • RATE: Measurement period 200 msec (5 Hz)
  • NAV5: Dynamic Model Airborne <4G; Fix Mode 3 – Auto 2D/3D
The m8n will work with the factory defaults as well, but you will not reach the max performance possible.

Also, you may considering to update to the 3.01 firmware and enable Galileo by checking the box under the GNSS params in the Ublox monitoring software.
Hmmm, Steve... I already thought that the updated baud rate was 115,200 (and 5 Hz), which doesn't jibe with the above. Are those params that you have listed, what Solo expects to see from the GPS module?

I downloaded and took a look at u-Center and it appears that all these params can be changed, though I haven't yet found a FW update to flash if necessary. Do I communicate with the M8N via the serial I/O from my laptop? I don't really have a serial RS-232 on my laptop... I suppose I'll read the 62 page u-Center user guide and try to get through it.

This is not turning out to be the plug n play I was hoping for if I want to tweak for best performance/newest FW/etc.

Hmmm, Steve... I already thought that the updated baud rate was 115,200 (and 5 Hz), which doesn't jibe with the above. Are those params that you have listed, what Solo expects to see from the GPS module?
Yes.
Use the MP pass through option to modify GPS settings as already explained above.

Reactions: SARDG
Yes.
Use the MP pass through option to modify GPS settings as already explained above.
Thanks. I spend more a lot more time on this forum, then modifying Solo, and then learning new software than I do or ever will do flying. But it's only a hobby for me.

Reactions: fpvsteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M