Lowepro DroneGuard CS 400 Case

Reaction score
I was just waiting for a callback regarding the Solo backpack when I get another call about a good alternative.

I have ordered the Lowepro DroneGuard CS 400 Case for a morning delivery tomorrow so can post some real world pics but as far as I know its getting some really good feedback :)

It has a range if smart pouches for alternative layouts, several strap options and some extras I shall talk about tomorrow :)

The only benefit to this case (in my opinion), is it will be useful if later down the line you want to use it for a different drone. These type of cases seems to work best when they are fully stocked whereas the "dividers" act as bumpers and not walls. The 3DR backpack is superior its layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only benefit to this case (in my opinion), is will be useful if later down the line you want to use it for a different drone. The type of cases seems to work best when they are fully stocked whereas the "dividers" act as bumpers and not walls. The 3DR backpack is superior its layout.

Some of us don't have time to wait for backpacks to arrive, my original shipping box has fallen apart with the use and without it my bird is grounded :(

I didn't want to be the first to name any/all the places where the Solo backpack is in stock. It may have been taken as me talking sh!t.

They have Backpack in stock at B&H....just saying

I would still be grounded until 7th October, whereas the droneguard is arriving tomorrow before 9am.

I'm not complaining about the solo backpack, im just pointing out there are alternatives, in the uk, besides the limited companies that hold 3DR stock we are still waiting on information regarding the backpacks. And for someone like me I cant take the solo anywhere without it being on a motorcycle.

Talk about touchy...

I would still be grounded until 7th October, whereas the droneguard is arriving tomorrow before 9am.

I'm not complaining about the solo backpack, im just pointing out there are alternatives, in the uk, besides the limited companies that hold 3DR stock we are still waiting on information regarding the backpacks. And for someone like me I cant take the solo anywhere without it being on a motorcycle.

Talk about touchy...

Thanks for share the information about an alternative. I'm from Brazil and don't have the option to buy the 3d Backpack here and in my case, I'd like to do exactly what you mention... Take in my motorcycle

Reactions: R3AP37
Thanks for share the information about an alternative. I'm from Brazil and don't have the option to buy the 3d Backpack here and in my case, I'd like to do exactly what you mention... Take in my motorcycle

It has a couple of mounting options, normal backpack, over shoulder and a super secure mode I don't know how to explain, seems it can also be backseat mounted for bikes :) its slightly bigger then the Solo backpack but no bigger then the case im already using to transport the solo container

It has a couple of mounting options, normal backpack, over shoulder and a super secure mode I don't know how to explain, seems it can also be backseat mounted for bikes :) its slightly bigger then the Solo backpack but no bigger then the case im already using to transport the solo container
Let us know what you think, I see it's everywhere, Best Buy has em on the shelves as well as most all the online places with solo so I'd assume it's decent. My only concern is how stable it holds everything since it's universal and a really open design. I played with one for a sec at Best Buy when I got my gimbal and it's made pretty well and looks nice. I just worry about the protection factor but I hope mine isn't ever in a car crash or thrown around a plane and I'm pretty careful otherwise. The backpack seems like it would protect it a bit better from what I saw but it looked like a nice bag and it can also carry a phantom or other similar sized quads, so it could save some money in multiple cases, especially if your riding your motorcycle and can only carry one at a time anyway.

Motorcycles also one of the reasons I decided on the backpack over a hard case and I'm pretty glad I did. I'd have to smash this thing pretty hard to hurt its contents, hope yours is the same. Good luck with it.

Reactions: R3AP37
My only concern is how stable it holds everything since it's universal and a really open design. I played with one for a sec at Best Buy when I got my gimbal and it's made pretty well and looks nice. I just worry about the protection factor but I hope mine isn't ever in a car crash or thrown around a plane and I'm pretty careful otherwise..

Which is why if I was in the market for a case, this wouldn't be it - hell, once you dump more than one battery in that bag you're prone to having them flop around.

It holds the Solo just as good as the foam, I agree with it being an open space it may be a concern but it uses smart pouches for accessories, I already have several myself so nothing will sit loose.

We will see tomorrow

It holds the Solo just as good as the foam, I agree with it being an open space it may be a concern but it uses smart pouches for accessories, I already have several myself so nothing will sit loose.

We will see tomorrow

That's like saying a mitten holds fingers just a snug as a glove does. I'm done responding here. Good luck with your bag.

Haha don't let the door hit you on the way out :p

Seriously, what's with the attitude? No one was forcing you to join in, fair enough you can voice your opinion but you have 0% experience with this case so making statments about how inferior it is counts for nothing.

I was simply informing people, who didn't know already, that this is an alternative to the Solo backpack.

Sorry for trying to take part...

Just a couple of pics of the configured layout, been out twice already and its a good little addition :)

I will do a full review tomorrow when I have had some field time :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150928_095352.jpg
    IMG_20150928_095352.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20150928_095400.jpg
    IMG_20150928_095400.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20150928_095407.jpg
    IMG_20150928_095407.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
Just a couple of pics of the configured layout, been out twice already and its a good little addition :)

I will do a full review tomorrow when I have had some field time :)

Looks great!!! Pretty big!

Looks great!!! Pretty big!

It's big enough :) I thought it was a little overkill at first but when I started giving items a home it dawned on me that everything sits perfect :) especially with all the addition gear I hold.

I'm using this as a day bag for the next few days to see how it holds up :)

I've spent easily over a thousand bucks on cases and backpacks for my drones. I own the Solo (and a Solo backpack), an Iris+, Phantoms 1, 2, and 3, a Blade 350QX, and a Yuneec Q500. Each one of them has either a hard case or a backpack. The Phantom 2 (Non Vision) has a beautiful and expensive GoProfessional backpack with the cool looking dense blue laser cut foam. I added an FPV set up to the P2 and had to hack away at that foam with a serrated knife. It is ugly now but the P2 fits. With each case or backpack, except for the P1 and the Q500, I've had to cut the foam to add more accessories or to accommodate a modified quadcopter. And each time it is painful to make those cuts.
Less than a year ago a picked up the Lowepro Drone Guard:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and I love this thing!
In fact that is my go to case for every drone now except the Q500 which is too big. But 99% percent of my flying is within a short drive and this allows me to pack everything I need for the day in a small, light weight and easily portable carrier and toss it in the seat next to me. I've found the big hard sided cases to be more of a PIA than an asset for me. They are big, bulky, take up a lot of space and I don't really need an couple of inches of foam surrounding my drone. I'm not dropping it off a 4 story building. I've found that nearly all of my needs are met with either the Drone Guard case or a backpack for the times I hike to my launch site.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing how you like this backpack. I know I will be picking one up soon for the P3P (the only drone without it's own case so far), but like the Drone Guard, will use it for whichever bird I take out that day. If it is like the DG case - everything can be cinched down snug and secure.

It's big enough :) I thought it was a little overkill at first but when I started giving items a home it dawned on me that everything sits perfect :) especially with all the addition gear I hold.

I'm using this as a day bag for the next few days to see how it holds up :)

Can you add an extra SLR camera in the same backpack? It's looks like and will be perfect to me if fits

I've spent easily over a thousand bucks on cases and backpacks for my drones. I own the Solo (and a Solo backpack), an Iris+, Phantoms 1, 2, and 3, a Blade 350QX, and a Yuneec Q500. Each one of them has either a hard case or a backpack. The Phantom 2 (Non Vision) has a beautiful and expensive GoProfessional backpack with the cool looking dense blue laser cut foam. I added an FPV set up to the P2 and had to hack away at that foam with a serrated knife. It is ugly now but the P2 fits. With each case or backpack, except for the P1 and the Q500, I've had to cut the foam to add more accessories or to accommodate a modified quadcopter. And each time it is painful to make those cuts.
Less than a year ago a picked up the Lowepro Drone Guard:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and I love this thing!
In fact that is my go to case for every drone now except the Q500 which is too big. But 99% percent of my flying is within a short drive and this allows me to pack everything I need for the day in a small, light weight and easily portable carrier and toss it in the seat next to me. I've found the big hard sided cases to be more of a PIA than an asset for me. They are big, bulky, take up a lot of space and I don't really need an couple of inches of foam surrounding my drone. I'm not dropping it off a 4 story building. I've found that nearly all of my needs are met with either the Drone Guard case or a backpack for the times I hike to my launch site.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing how you like this backpack. I know I will be picking one up soon for the P3P (the only drone without it's own case so far), but like the Drone Guard, will use it for whichever bird I take out that day. If it is like the DG case - everything can be cinched down snug and secure.

Besides the Solo I also have my bebop for a little fun time, being able to open and configure between flights its great. I will do a breakdown of everything I have in it tomorrow when I hit up my next location :)

It sits really well on the bike too, it feels secure and safe, and contrary to popular belief everything sits in the exact location it was placed, even when thrown around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo