Loosing confidence in my solo

Reaction score
Hello, I sent a message several months ago that my drone crashed on its way home when RTH was activated, the speed increased an it wobbled to the ground denting my camera and partially destroyed my gimbal.
Ever since I haven't used the RTH. However the few times I flew since then I'm scared because u know something is wrong, the sound suddenly changes in the flight and the drone starts to act funny, pls what might be the matter with it as I'm no more confident in flying it anymore. Always acting like its about to crash like its got its own mind. Pls opinions. That initial confident when I first had it is gone I can't confidently stand close to it in mid air.

The change in sound says motor bearings to me. Have you turned your motors by hand to see if any of them feel gritty or loose? You didn't list a lot for details but from the description that is where I would look first. Maybe you got some dirt in them on the crash and it messed up the bearings.

Were you ever able to determine the cause of your first crash? A wild wobbling fall can point to a motor failing, and if you're hearing intermittent noises, I don't blame you for being concerned. I would check out the motors thoroughly. Also, try to locate the log from the flight where you had your first crash and post here and/or send in to 3DR for analysis. If you haven't fixed whatever caused that crash, you're risking another.

Thanks a lot duels noted.
The change in sound says motor bearings to me. Have you turned your motors by hand to see if any of them feel gritty or loose? You didn't list a lot for details but from the description that is where I would look first. Maybe you got some dirt in them on the crash and it messed up the bearings

Were you ever able to determine the cause of your first crash? A wild wobbling fall can point to a motor failing, and if you're hearing intermittent noises, I don't blame you for being concerned. I would check out the motors thoroughly. Also, try to locate the log from the flight where you had your first crash and post here and/or send in to 3DR for analysis. If you haven't fixed whatever caused that crash, you're risking another.
Thanks a lot will have them checked

Hello, I sent a message several months ago that my drone crashed on its way home when RTH was activated, the speed increased an it wobbled to the ground denting my camera and partially destroyed my gimbal.
Ever since I haven't used the RTH. However the few times I flew since then I'm scared because u know something is wrong, the sound suddenly changes in the flight and the drone starts to act funny, pls what might be the matter with it as I'm no more confident in flying it anymore. Always acting like its about to crash like its got its own mind. Pls opinions. That initial confident when I first had it is gone I can't confidently stand close to it in mid air.
90% sure that that is a motor failure and it will eventually crash again if you don't get them replaced

Put it on Ebay and be done with it. That's what I'm going to do when its returned to me from Yuneec for the third time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl