looking for used Mikrotik R11e-2HnD

Would there be any way of sheilding the Solo from the mikrotik card preventing brown outs? Even if one could extent the antennas to the outside of the craft with a Sheild on the body of the solo or mounting the mikrotik card itself on the outside using an extension cable. There has to be a way not to fry the main board.

Would there be any way of sheilding the Solo from the mikrotik card preventing brown outs? Even if one could extent the antennas to the outside of the craft with a Sheild on the body of the solo or mounting the mikrotik card itself on the outside using an extension cable. There has to be a way not to fry the main board.
From what I understand, it is not an RFI issue, it's a power draw issue. I'm not sure what you could do to prevent that safely, other than not use them in the Solo as recommended by many of the parties who designed it.

Inline capactitors, inductors, and diodes? I donno.

Reactions: jimloss
Dang it i put them in mine and only went around the yard 10minutes and thats it. Not going to chance it going to remove them.

Dang it i put them in mine and only went around the yard 10minutes and thats it. Not going to chance it going to remove them.

Keep the updated card in the controller, just replace the one in your Solo with the original.

There is only evidence of a problem with the updated cards when in the Solo, not when in the controller. Even if there was a problem in the controller, the worst that will happen is your Solo will lose connection with the controller and it will RTL.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I have the MikroTik in my controller and one in Solo. Never any issues, 3 mile range one way.

Is there actual evidence of a brown out caused by swapping the card in Solo?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this with much success?
I ran them in both of my work Solos for two seasons without incident. I did install them before I read/found out that they're not "supported" nor highly recommended by many of the Solo developers.

I'm not sure if I would/can recommend them, but they certainly did help with range in my application.

Reactions: bigDavid
I ran them in both of my work Solos for two seasons without incident. I did install them before I read/found out that they're not "supported" nor highly recommended by many of the Solo developers.

I'm not sure if I would/can recommend them, but they certainly did help with range in my application.
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela