Log files and Mission Planner

Reaction score
I came across this video that explains quite a few things about looking at tlog files in Mission Planner and thought I would post it, as questions have come up about how to use MP to look at tlogs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video is "general" to other things that work with MP and use it as a ground station, and so the location of the files will be different (unless you are using Mission Planner as a ground station for Solo) but it gives you a lot of information on operation.and what to do with the files once opened. I picked up a few tips on mouse clicks :)

There are several ways to get at tlog files including starting a support ticket in the Solo app and emailing them to yourself, pulling them from the file system in Tower, and using SSH apps to access Solo, but those have been covered and can be found by searching here on the site.

There is also a TON of things you can do in MP not covered here and I have only scratched the surface myself, but I will add a couple quick notes..

1. When playing back log files, you can also hit the "tuning" button (bottom center) and pull up graphed values (such as stick inputs, motor inputs/outputs, etc.) while watching your flight on a map. I have found this VERY useful.

2. Google Maps and KMZ files are amazing, and if you haven't tried this, you should. Install Google Maps (free) and export a KMZ file, then double click on it. You can then see and play back your flight in 3D in Google Earth and look at it from any angle.

Have Fun!

Reactions: Burkeam
I came across this video that explains quite a few things about looking at tlog files in Mission Planner and thought I would post it, as questions have come up about how to use MP to look at tlogs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video is "general" to other things that work with MP and use it as a ground station, and so the location of the files will be different (unless you are using Mission Planner as a ground station for Solo) but it gives you a lot of information on operation.and what to do with the files once opened. I picked up a few tips on mouse clicks :)

There are several ways to get at tlog files including starting a support ticket in the Solo app and emailing them to yourself, pulling them from the file system in Tower, and using SSH apps to access Solo, but those have been covered and can be found by searching here on the site.

There is also a TON of things you can do in MP not covered here and I have only scratched the surface myself, but I will add a couple quick notes..

1. When playing back log files, you can also hit the "tuning" button (bottom center) and pull up graphed values (such as stick inputs, motor inputs/outputs, etc.) while watching your flight on a map. I have found this VERY useful.

2. Google Maps and KMZ files are amazing, and if you haven't tried this, you should. Install Google Maps (free) and export a KMZ file, then double click on it. You can then see and play back your flight in 3D in Google Earth and look at it from any angle.

Have Fun!
Very informative Post Earl..Thanks

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Yes very informative, tip of the iceberg however. I guess I need a guide for what is good and what is bad....when reading the sensor data.. More to read.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44