Livefeed/FPV in Timelapse Mode?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they are getting a live feed while their gopro is set to time-lapse mode? Video is pretty useless at this point without the gimbal and I have been wanting to experiment with photos. I have seen some pretty great photos out there that seem like they would have been impossible without a way to frame them. When I kick it in to TL mode my screen goes black so I am just flying line of sight and hoping to get lucky. Any suggestions other than wifi remote?

Can anyone tell me if they are getting a live feed while their gopro is set to time-lapse mode? Video is pretty useless at this point without the gimbal and I have been wanting to experiment with photos. I have seen some pretty great photos out there that seem like they would have been impossible without a way to frame them. When I kick it in to TL mode my screen goes black so I am just flying line of sight and hoping to get lucky. Any suggestions other than wifi remote?
I shot pictures last weekend. Instead of time lapse I set the GoPro to shoot 1080p 60 and simultaneous pictures every 5sec. Live feed worked well. https://goo.gl/photos/68NuVv3yynhs6WwQ8

Even without the Solo in the picture I don't think the gopro will output video in time lapse mode.

Mine works in timelapse but it looks like its doing a camera roll thing. You can fly with it for sure but annoying. Hero 4 black.

Maybe I'm wrong, the gopro app shows 'no live feed available' in time lapse mode.

You are right, I just tested this on my 4 black. It looks OK until I press record on the gopro, then it gets sketchy.

Yea in my case in time lapse I have to toss most of them but I get a lot of good ones too. I am sure my 5.4 lens contributes to the amount I have to toss.

Yea in my case in time lapse I have to toss most of them but I get a lot of good ones too. I am sure my 5.4 lens contributes to the amount I have to toss.

So did you simply buy the lens or isn't there some sort of internal mod peau uses, is it needed or just an option. Waiting to see how you like yours when the gimbal comes to decide if I'm going to pick one up or not.

I just bought the lens, tore the camera apart and replaced it. No fisheye and 2x zoom so it looks more realistic when flying FPV.

I like it a lot as long as the gimbal smooths it out. It ruins the camera for other uses though as its too shaky to use handheld.

If I don't keep the Solo I will put the stock lens back in.

I shot pictures last weekend. Instead of time lapse I set the GoPro to shoot 1080p 60 and simultaneous pictures every 5sec. Live feed worked well. https://goo.gl/photos/68NuVv3yynhs6WwQ8

I have the 4 silver. I tried the video+photo mode. The live feed works in this mode but it just pulls a frame from the video and doesn't look that great in the end. I was hoping to get some 4000 x 3000 stills.

I have the 4 silver. I tried the video+photo mode. The live feed works in this mode but it just pulls a frame from the video and doesn't look that great in the end. I was hoping to get some 4000 x 3000 stills.
You can get a 12mp image if you use 1440p:
HMtOuEL.png

Reactions: Sampson
You can also export still images from video in GoPro Studio, but you can only do it to video that you have converted first. In GoPro Studio, while in Edit mode, first get the still image that you want in the video window, go to File, Export, Still Image... and it will then ask for the export size you want and create a JPG file. Works well.

Reactions: Jubalr
You can also export still images from video in GoPro Studio, but you can only do it to video that you have converted first. In GoPro Studio, while in Edit mode, first get the still image that you want in the video window, go to File, Export, Still Image... and it will then ask for the export size you want and create a JPG file. Works well.
Nice tip. I hadn't realized that. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44