Live Video Feed not showing up in Sidepilot

Reaction score
I installed OpenSolo 4 for the controller and drone, and got everything working I think. The 3DR flies but I can't see the gopro video feed.

(Also, my batteries only last 2 minutes for some reason but that's totally unrelated.)

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide.

Last edited:
I have a 3DR Solo that was inherited. I’ve purchased Sidepilot and have installed Open Solo 4. Everything is up and running. I was able to fly the drone successfully.

I purchased a refurbished GoPro 4. It is connected to the 3DR gimbal. The gimbal operates from the controller; I can pan the camera up and down. I can even start a recording from the camera using Sidepilot.

The issue I have is that the video pane is black. There is no rotating asterisk to suggest it is trying to pair. I cannot see any video feed despite the gimbal working and the ability to start and stop recording. All Sidepilot video settings are set to 3DR.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

I have a 3DR Solo that was inherited. I’ve purchased Sidepilot and have installed Open Solo 4. Everything is up and running. I was able to fly the drone successfully.

I purchased a refurbished GoPro 4. It is connected to the 3DR gimbal. The gimbal operates from the controller; I can pan the camera up and down. I can even start a recording from the camera using Sidepilot.

The issue I have is that the video pane is black. There is no rotating asterisk to suggest it is trying to pair. I cannot see any video feed despite the gimbal working and the ability to start and stop recording. All Sidepilot video settings are set to 3DR.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?
Were you able to get this issue resolved? I am facing the same issue now. Appreciate your inputs.

Were you able to get this issue resolved? I am facing the same issue now. Appreciate your inputs.
What I find that works for me is to turn off the hero and turn it back on. The video feed then appears. No idea why this works, but so far, it’s repeatable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc