LG G Pad III 8.0 WiFi issue

Reaction score
so I bought the tablet... the 5.0GHz WiFi drops everytime I go 10ft away from the WiFi source after I updated to NOUGAT The 2.4GHz stays on no matter where I am in my apartment but I do not like the fact that my 5.0GHz doesn't work so I spoke to an LG tech support and received a free shipping and repairs for the tablet.

2 days later (way faster than I expected) I received the tablet back. I didn't think the package even made it to LG, I thought I made some kind of error on the shipping details but the package had a printed note from LG so I guess it did reach them.

Apparently they did a "SOFTWARE CORRECTION RESET" which made me think that they have basically rooted the tablet back to a working Android version like the 6.0. I checked the version and its still Nougat. Was disappointing but whatever.

I tried the WiFi anyways and to my horror the tablet is in an even shittier state now. This time it doesn't matter if I place the tablet right on top of the modem, both 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz disconnects for at least 30 seconds and will only stay connected for about a minute until it cuts off again.

I bought this tablet for my Solo but I can't even use it to connect to my controller anymore because it doesn't matter how close the device is to my controller it will disconnect no matter what and I know that'll fuck up my drone's flight.

Apparently a lot of people are having this problem with their G Pad 3 after updating to Nougat.

I've been looking for a way to root it but this Kingoroot I saw on Youtube doesn't seem to support the model I have.

Sorry for the long ass rant I was just wondering if anyone else here is experiencing this shit right now or if anyone knows a way to fix it?

Try this:

Go to settings - wifi. Click on 3 dots, upper right corner. Select advanced.

If "scanning always available" is turned on, turn it off.
This is where I found that setting on my Nexus 7. Yours may be set up differently.

Let us know if that works.

Oh, this is a family forum.;)

Reactions: iFLIP07
I do not have this option... I only have 'Notify when an open WiFi is available' which doesn't fix it whether its on or off.

Thanks for the reply though.

so I think I just found a fix on my problem (the new one)

I went to my battery or power savings and selected 'IGNORE POWER SAVINGS' basically there I can select apps or programs or whatever to ignore the power savings and luckily at the very bottom of the list there is a WiFi... I switched it on so it would ignore the power savings. Now both my 5.0 and 2.4 GHz WiFi runs nonstop!

BUT I am back to the original problem, the 5.0GHz still disconnects when I reach a certain distance from the WiFi source. While I can still use the 2.4 wherever I am in my apartment I wish the 5.0GHz would just stay connected like my S7 phone.

Im yet to test the tablet on my Solo again so hopefully it doesn't disconnect and maybe crash :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig