Latest upgrade

Reaction score
Did the upgrade no sweat, now the problem is I get no sats and 100 hdop. Will fly in manual but 0 sats. Slightly overcast but always got at least 4-6 sats. Any ideas?

Mine took 5 or 10 minutes to get sats first flight after update I'm guessing it's been powered up longer than that or did you just land when you weren't getting sats maybe?

If so only thing I can think is turn off everything and take your solo battery out for a few and reboot everything maybe, it's helped me with a few issues.

After upgrading the app, I noticed that the voice alerts don't say "searching for GPS" or "Solo ready for take off" anymore. There is a beep when it's ready to fly. I don't really care that it doesn't say these things anymore. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed the same thing.

With the new update of the APP, my ipad 2 wifi mini can`t no longer find the SoloLink signal to conect to solo. I Restart the drone and the ipad and i cant see the signal to choose it and connect. Anyone know what could have happened?

With the new update I don't get the map behind FPV anymore. I swipe it out and its just blank. Using IOS/iPhone.

Also, I have seen the same nuances as stated above - took forever to get GPS lock first and second flights after update. And don't get the "Searching for GPS" voice alert anymore even though I have Voice Alerts turned on. Neither a big deal but different.

Last edited:
Just be happy that you all were able to actually do the update. Mine didn't work I spent 4 hours yesterday, half of that time with tech support and still does not work. My Solo is essentially bricked as I can't fly it now :( (I never wanted to update in the first place)

I noticed some things are different now.

Now when you press A+B+Pause, the motors stop almost instantly, instead of you having to hold the button combinations for a few seconds. I think this is good because if you want to stop the motors in an emergency, every second can count!

I also tested killing the motors when the Solo was upside down for crash detection. Just remove the props and try it yourself. It seems like this takes 2 seconds, which seems like a long time to be upside down with the motors running.

it seems reasonable to wait a bit for me. If the shutdown is very fast, equivocally it could turn off the engine when a strong wind or air collision puts the drone head during the flight

Just be happy that you all were able to actually do the update. Mine didn't work I spent 4 hours yesterday, half of that time with tech support and still does not work. My Solo is essentially bricked as I can't fly it now :( (I never wanted to update in the first place)

I have an android tablet that cannot do the update, if you can try it with another device (I use an iPad to update mine). If you do the factory reset on the Solo and controller it should go back to the factory shipped settings where you can try again. If you do the reset wait until the controller and solo are turned on and initialized and press the pair button on the bottom of the solo for 1 second and be patient, the controller should pick it up.

Since i updated, I get the word "Brake" flashing on the controller window & i think my monitor also? while this happens, I see Solo pausing from what ever direction it''s going, but a second later, everything normal again?
Maybe i was press the "pause" button by mistake?
Anyone notice this?

After upgrading the app, I noticed that the voice alerts don't say "searching for GPS" or "Solo ready for take off" anymore. There is a beep when it's ready to fly. I don't really care that it doesn't say these things anymore. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed the same thing.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. In fact, I was just searching for an explanation which is how I stumbled on your post.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. In fact, I was just searching for an explanation which is how I stumbled on your post.
You know, you're responding to posts that are all over a year old, regarding an update that's likely several versions old? Some of these folks may be dead - except SteveReno... pretty sure he's still kicking. :D

Are you using version 2.4.x and do you in fact have voice alerts enabled and the slider turned to max volume?

You know, you're responding to posts that are all over a year old, regarding an update that's likely several versions old? Some of these folks may be dead - except SteveReno... pretty sure he's still kicking. :D

Are you using version 2.4.x and do you in fact have voice alerts enabled and the slider turned to max volume?

LOL! You know, you're right. I hadn't even noticed. But yes, I'm using the latest version for iOS (2.4.6) and the slider is turned up. I even did a disable/enable to 'reset' it. I did hear the voice response that confirmed Voice Alerts were enabled. Yet when the sats are locked in and it's ready to fly, I no longer get the voice confirmation. Not really a big deal unless that's an indication that Solo is NOT completely ready to fly, or some other problem. But thanks for bringing the oversight to my attention. :)

LOL! You know, you're right. I hadn't even noticed. But yes, I'm using the latest version for iOS (2.4.6) and the slider is turned up. I even did a disable/enable to 'reset' it. I did hear the voice response that confirmed Voice Alerts were enabled. Yet when the sats are locked in and it's ready to fly, I no longer get the voice confirmation. Not really a big deal unless that's an indication that Solo is NOT completely ready to fly, or some other problem. But thanks for bringing the oversight to my attention. :)
Hi Victor, SARDG is correct " Nothing gets pass that Woman" About a year ago,
i had this probelm, but it never returned.
As for a confirmation to fly of not, If you see the green "FLY" on your screen & or Controller, then your good to go.

SARDG, Thanks for conformation LOL, but there are still "THE TYPING DEAD" around here, ever since Beta & 2.4 came out LOL, All stuff shirts & single minded people. No sense humor... AT ALL!

Happy Labor Day

...SARDG, Thanks for conformation LOL, but there are still "THE TYPING DEAD" around here, ever since Beta & 2.4 came out LOL, All stuff shirts & single minded people. No sense humor... AT ALL!

Happy Labor Day
Beta is a 4-letter word. Never say 'Beta' in mixed company...

We are all now gleefully using our broken final release of Android 2.4.0 or have moved on to Solex. I see that franknitty continues to post to the FB Solo beta site - nearly in jest. :(

Beta is a 4-letter word. Never say 'Beta' in mixed company...

We are all now gleefully using our broken final release of Android 2.4.0 or have moved on to Solex. I see that franknitty continues to post to the FB Solo beta site - nearly in jest. :(
I saw that. Old habits die hard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44