KDE 2315XF 885kv physical measurement

Are you sure the cable exit is wrong? Do you have enough vertical clearance from the ESC when the pod is assembled, for the "shaft end" to move freely?

Nice work!!!

Reactions: Flashy and J R
Worst case regarding fit and clearances, you could have a thin (1-2mm) spacer made to get to a larger clearance area of the plastic motor spacer. And then longer bolts...

I hope this is worth the effort in the end, I'm interested in the KDE motors seems they are very well built...

Again thanks for sharing your efforts.... FWIW, my T-Motors are working great.....;)

Reactions: J R and pyrate
It is great work thank you
how are these better than the T-motor or TBS?
Those TBS are very nice and slid right in place

Reactions: J R
Nice Work SPP thx for the mesurments
just recived mine today

Last edited:
Guys,
This KDE is actually for my Phantom 3 :) , not Solo.
The T Motor is for my Solo.
However my T Motor will come 2 more months from now....dang, tagged along the wrong shipment... LOL.

I am still waiting to buy an ESC and me wanna dyno this motor first for fun and data collection.
Wow..RC motor & props dynometer + tachometer + temperature sensing

LAK,
Supposedly this KDE is a very good motor. At least for their bearings. Their construction look so sweet though.
If no installation issue, I may use this KDE for my Solo and do same experiment if T Motor arrive.

Shall update in a week or so yah guys :)

Guys,
This KDE is actually for my Phantom 3 :) , not Solo.
The T Motor is for my Solo.
However my T Motor will come 2 more months from now....dang, tagged along the wrong shipment... LOL.

I am still waiting to buy an ESC and me wanna dyno this motor first for fun and data collection.
Wow..RC motor & props dynometer + tachometer + temperature sensing

LAK,
Supposedly this KDE is a very good motor. At least for their bearings. Their construction look so sweet though.
If no installation issue, I may use this KDE for my Solo and do same experiment if T Motor arrive.

Shall update in a week or so yah guys :)

SPP,
I've reviewed the PDF on the KDE. It looks promising, but without more data on the stock motors I have no baseline for comparison. So, I'm/we will look forward to your next update.
Thanks and good hunting!

It is great work thank you
how are these better than the T-motor or TBS?
Those TBS are very nice and slid right in place

Me dont know yet :) , till I dyno both motors.
I will buy 1 unit locally the T motor 2216-12 800kv and do sooner dyno.
Little did I know locally they are available already now...dumb me.

SPP,
I've reviewed the PDF on the KDE. It looks promising, but without more data on the stock motors I have no baseline for comparison. So, I'm/we will look forward to your next update.
Thanks and good hunting!

Hi LAK,
I think the dyno will show which motor is at least more efficient watts per gram of thrust.

I can also read thermally the motor winding temp, I have Extech/Flir5. Cooler running motor is a better motor, that is a fact, if all else being equal.

Sound wise if KDE claim of having very nice bearing, its sound level I can measure. The noiser motor logically is using poorer bearing.

With Roland testing of various motors already, this KDE data will be good for all of us.
I don't have any other props to mess with either than Phantom 3 original and phantom 3 carbon fiber one and surely solo's original props.
At the least we will get some measured data from the KDE ...;)

KDE vs T Motor dimension

KDE 2315xf 885kv a11.JPG

I spinned the 3 motors with my hand, T Motor seems to have the most "bite" for magnetic field.
Solo OEM motor spin like KDE.

My ESC 30A unit will arrive I think next week or so.
So no dyno for now, but I am in the process of testing my power supply voltage stability at 300Watts output. Its supposedly a 10-18V 30Amps. chargery model power, AC Adapter of 12V DC Output, Mainly power 12V Charger such as smart charger made by CHARGERY.Charging expert for R/C model

This KDE claimed it can suck 355 watts or 24Amps at full load & its designed max voltage.

Later I will tap Solo actual voltage output entering its ESC at full throttle, to try to simulate similar power availability if a motor is installed on the Solo. I have recorded 42 amps for 4 motors full throttle in a tied down test, so this 30A power supply would be sufficient even to test KDE claimed 24Amps and surely easy job for test with Solo's single ESC power requirement.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Regarding the T-Motor only having 3 small screws for prop adapter... The three bolts in shear have more than enough strength for what is needed.

Overkill in size and quantity is just adding unneeded weight, for PA mounting hardware. And another point to throw off balance...as well.

I'm actually amazed at how lite the KDE are in comparison, all things considered. I'd be curious to know what the KDE pod assembled weight will be once assembled. I have some more T-Motors I'll be upgrading to pods and will weight those once complete.

Again thanks for sharing the weight comparison.

Regarding the T-Motor only having 3 small screws for prop adapter... The three bolts in shear have more than enough strength for what is needed.
I agree, those screws can handle 10kg easy, and per prop the power is less than 2kg anyway...:)

With short wires and prop adapter KDE vs T Motor, KDE will be lighter by 3-4 grams per motor tops, I think.
If say KDE uses higher quality copper winding or coating of the copper wire, maybe that is why it can be made smaller, I mean less tall and hence lesser weight.

In commercial sectors
Insulation value of generators or motors copper coating also varies.
What is meant by “Class” in insulation? | HPS | Hammond Power Solutions
If one uses better insulation ( its like paint/varnish ), one may be able to use thinner copper wire.

Bloody hell me forgot all about propeller adaptor for T Motor... he he he.

Sweet Pro !!!

Me will machine a prop adapter tomorrow from steel for T-Motor. Can't wait too long to see Dynometer not being used, drooled too much already ;)

While at it, just in case anyone wants to buy this Power Supply. Here is my test.

CHARGERY POWER 33A - Model S600 a1.JPG CHARGERY POWER 33A - Model S600 a2.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks