Just bought Solo and found out 3dr leaving drone world

Not nieve enough to think of replacing income but to offset some cost of materials. I am a professional fine artist and had to earn money as a graphic artist, 60 magazine covers a month,60-70 hours a week for 30+ years. We all know what has happened to that industry. I do have a good amount of high end Mac computers and I know the limitations of 4k file size,thus looking at 4 silver go pro . My best friend and nephew are both graduates of NYU school of Cinematography and I would never consider myself proficient in video but I have sources to ask for post production. I was going to go w/Husban 502?$250 thinking my other choices were out of my range but Solo $349 w/extra batt,prop,gimble was to close in cost to not go for it. I look at the Solo as a piece of clay or a brush,everything I look at is a composition. The images that I have seen shot with the Solo impressed me and got my creative blood flowing.Mr. Pyrate you are a tough person I was well aware of 3DRs problem well before laying out the bucks but it can always be returned until I use it ,which is why I am here. Your statement of being smarter than 10 salesmen may be true but a smart man would never say so.

My 2 cents. Return it. Why start off on the wrong foot. You are a professional and earn an income when your gear is working and performing. While the Solo is a fine product, why risk having to spend time scouting for parts and support when something goes wrong, which it will regardless of what platform you purchase. Remember you will need backup as well. They saying 2 is 1 and 1 is none apply in this world. I would never go in the field on a shoot with just 1 piece of gear. I have backups for everything. Manufacturers that support their gear are releasing updates to their software as well as firmware updates on a pretty regular basis. That's all gone with Solo. The guys that started off with Solo from day one and spent a lot of time and money on their setup will not be so quick to dump it all in favor of something else. But someone starting out, I believe it's just plain foolish, regardless of the price. Again, why start off on the wrong foot.

Ready to pick up Solo but worried I will be stuck without any support ,warranty or parts. Does anyone have a feeling or knowledge of the future of this platform or should I not pickup an get my money back? Any help would put a smile on my face and a load of my back. This is to bad I live the idea of this Quad
Other than the gimbal, all the components are available in DIY market. All the codes except gimbal also released to the public. As for the gimbal, if 3DR doesn't release the code, you can use the APM DIY gimbal and free yourself from overpriced GoPro.

Ed is right about the Hero 3 and 4 working with the gimbal, but if you go with a Hero 3, make sure it is the Hero 3+ Black edition. Your idea of a Hero 4 Silver is also a good choice.
I am using a Hero 3+ Silver with no issues.

Not nieve enough to think of replacing income but to offset some cost of materials. I am a professional fine artist and had to earn money as a graphic artist, 60 magazine covers a month,60-70 hours a week for 30+ years. We all know what has happened to that industry. I do have a good amount of high end Mac computers and I know the limitations of 4k file size,thus looking at 4 silver go pro . My best friend and nephew are both graduates of NYU school of Cinematography and I would never consider myself proficient in video but I have sources to ask for post production. I was going to go w/Husban 502?$250 thinking my other choices were out of my range but Solo $349 w/extra batt,prop,gimble was to close in cost to not go for it. I look at the Solo as a piece of clay or a brush,everything I look at is a composition. The images that I have seen shot with the Solo impressed me and got my creative blood flowing.Mr. Pyrate you are a tough person I was well aware of 3DRs problem well before laying out the bucks but it can always be returned until I use it ,which is why I am here. Your statement of being smarter than 10 salesmen may be true but a smart man would never say so.

Comparing a Solo to a Hubsan is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ford Pinto.

Ready to pick up Solo but worried I will be stuck without any support ,warranty or parts. Does anyone have a feeling or knowledge of the future of this platform or should I not pickup an get my money back? Any help would put a smile on my face and a load of my back. This is to bad I live the idea of this Quad

I just brought home SOLO #3 today. This bird has a long future ahead of it. There are a lot of very talented people with a lot of experience directly with Solo and they're developing and improving on what we've already got. Look at the pixhawk 2.1 autopilot that's being brought market as well as the Solex app which is adding features almost weekly and improving the smart shot experiences. There's also the improved GPS which has been developed by the co-founder of 3dr Jordi Munoz just to name a couple of things.

I for one am not worried about getting parts as people are jumping into that market because we've just plain got the best drone out there and it's worth whatever it takes to keep it going. Also there's plenty of help on the solo owners Facebook page and other sites like this one where people are more than happy to help you find answers to any situation you might encounter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44