Jesters and Green Cube

Reaction score
Hi, I have a couple of questions abot jester's and green cube. 1. Is Jester's still in business? the reason I ask is when trying to order a Green Cube on the site it says to call to order. Well I call get a recorded message to leave VM. I have left severalVM's asking him to call me. So far no return calls.

2. Is there other dealers that sell The Green Cube? if so can I get a good phone number and name of these people?.

Thanks for any help
Steve

Reactions: dmulk
I'm about to order one for my new solo also. I just did the thing to join the FB group. Here's the link I've found to order it...
Green Cube (Early April Batch) - Pixhawk2

My question is whether or not I need to order this wire kit also for an install in the solo (I just started searching and reading about open solo and the GC mod because I just picked up a nice condition solo last night.... if I find it I'll reply back here) :

(Is this also needed for install in our solo's?)
Pixhawk2.1 Cable Set - Pixhawk2

Thanks for a great community. =)

<D>

Actually...I just noticed that the website I linked to has cancelled all retail orders...so yeah....now I don't know where to order....still digging. =)

<D>

I'm about to order one for my new solo also. I just did the thing to join the FB group. Here's the link I've found to order it...
Green Cube (Early April Batch) - Pixhawk2

My question is whether or not I need to order this wire kit also for an install in the solo (I just started searching and reading about open solo and the GC mod because I just picked up a nice condition solo last night.... if I find it I'll reply back here) :

(Is this also needed for install in our solo's?)
Pixhawk2.1 Cable Set - Pixhawk2

Thanks for a great community. =)

<D>
The Green Cube just replaces the stock cube in your solo. No need for extra cables, screws, glue, tape, hammer, nails or anything (although you will need a screwdriver). It's a straight swap and then you follow the install instructions.

My guess is that the "early April batch" has sold out already and now you'll just have to wait. Either way, if you haven't done so already, you should think about installing open solo on your drone and controller, it does certainly improve things. With the green cube added in later, you'll just have even more options down the road.

Have Fun!

Reactions: XevetS and dmulk
Hi, I have a couple of questions abot jester's and green cube. 1. Is Jester's still in business? the reason I ask is when trying to order a Green Cube on the site it says to call to order. Well I call get a recorded message to leave VM. I have left severalVM's asking him to call me. So far no return calls.

2. Is there other dealers that sell The Green Cube? if so can I get a good phone number and name of these people?.

Thanks for any help
Steve
In regards Jester's..... probably... I think he's a small home business and day to day life tends to need attention. Also there's a wait on some of the products (green cube because it's not April yet, HERE GPS since they are waiting on a new driver). If you're looking to pimp your drone in the meantime, I'd suggest installing Open Solo on your drone and controller (it will improve things regardless of whether you have a green cube or not) and contact Maddog about his Brite Lite LED system. That thing is just freaking awesome.

Reactions: XevetS and dmulk
IrishmanPDX,

Thank you for the reply and info. Sounds good. I'll also keep my eye on the used for sale threads. I'm planning to load Open Solo this sunday. Looks like a great community here! The reason I bought the solo in the first place was the opensource development and modding potential. This is my first drone so looking forward to playing with it!

<D>

Apart from some toy foam drones, the 3dr solo was also my first drone. Found this site great for researching information. Any issues, just search the forums, there's always answers to be found. I use the general rule that if the info is a year or more old, then I don't mind asking the question that someone may have asked already. Have fun flying, I certainly do!

Good advice. Thank you!

Also, wanted to report back that I got a short message from Paul (at Jester's) that simply said "Check back in April" to my email query....so...looks like there will be some available at some point through him.

Hope this info makes up for my thread hijack to the original poster! =)

<D>

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Thanks for any help
Steve
You can order direct from the manufacturer “hex/proficnc” do a lil google and it will pop up. You may see a message that states they are not doing retail order but you can still make it over to their product page where it says they advise you to order from resellers since they can’t do anything about what you might be charged for gov fees. I didn’t pay anything extra to have sent from China to Atlanta. Pretty small package and came relatively quick. The picture that is show on all websites is not what it will look like as that was a first run now they look like the picture I have attached. You will get the cube and a strip of this jelly foam stuff that you cut into like 7/8 pieces and put under battery tray on circuit board (very simple) - and let me also add that jesters is about as one sided as they come, everything else besides what he sells is crap and your a idiot if you buy anything else.. dude has very interesting business model. I personally would rather go with out than buy from him. Hex/proficnc has many resellers across the u.s.

Attachments

• BFF011B0-0E7B-48BB-AB4D-6FBC90B268F9.jpeg
    BFF011B0-0E7B-48BB-AB4D-6FBC90B268F9.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
You can order direct from the manufacturer “hex/proficnc” do a lil google and it will pop up. You may see a message that states they are not doing retail order but you can still make it over to their product page where it says they advise you to order from resellers since they can’t do anything about what you might be charged for gov fees. I didn’t pay anything extra to have sent from China to Atlanta. Pretty small package and came relatively quick. The picture that is show on all websites is not what it will look like as that was a first run now they look like the picture I have attached. You will get the cube and a strip of this jelly foam stuff that you cut into like 7/8 pieces and put under battery tray on circuit board (very simple) - and let me also add that jesters is about as one sided as they come, everything else besides what he sells is crap and your a idiot if you buy anything else.. dude has very interesting business model. I personally would rather go with out than buy from him. Hex/proficnc has many resellers across the u.s.
I too ordered a green cube from Hex it took forever and was not packaged to well for what it is, but I did receive it and it works as intended. As far as Jester's Drones I've heard nothing but good stuff, People that have bought his products seem to be very satisfied, have you had a bad experience with Jester's drones?

I've also had and heard nothing but great stuff regarding Jesters Drones. Always on time, great build quality, and the one time I put in for an order that he didn't have in stock, he refunded the entire amount the next day, disabled the ordering link and told me when to place the order so supply would be in stock. I've also seen him offer to help out people who have had drone issues when he didn't have to. So far, as a customer, I've been pretty impressed. I think as Solo users, we should be sharing both good and bad experiences with the few suppliers that are available, it helps out everyone that way. Personal experiences as a customer are always valued (even if a little off topic). I'd like to think this is more than just a forum, but a community where we all have each others best interests at heart. :D

How do you register to be able to order from hex/proficnc? I was not able to place my order because I need to register.

How do you register to be able to order from hex/proficnc? I was not able to place my order because I need to register.
I don't think you can. I wrote them and at first they we're willing to sell me some....but when I mentioned I just wanted a couple they referred me to Jester's drones. When I emailed him he said to check back in April. I haven't because I pounced on one on eBay. I'm also going to likely have Jason mod my stockers to provide backup options.

Proficnc does have them in stock (65 last time I checked), however you will pay an extra $21 I think it is for DHL to send them and another $8 for packaging. Transit time is about 3 days (when they have them in stock). However since you'll be paying HEX technology which is a Asian company, expect your credit card to get put on hold immediately by the bank and have your first attempt at purchasing denied (hey, I bought two last year and this happened both times).

I've been tring to purchase 2 GCubes from Jester's, but I cannot finalize the purchase as I cannot acces the paypal check out page... sent him a mail... is he still in business?

Update: He answered to my mail but he does not ship outside US...
Must find them in Europe.....

Last edited:
Where abouts in Europe are you?

Search for the Proficnc website and they have a dealer map. 3 or 4 sellers in the UK and elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986