Is Solo obsolete, or can I STILL fly it here in summer 2020?

Reaction score
Website
buymultirotors.com
Hello all,

I haven't flown my Solo since 3DR when under. Mine is practically brand new. I'd like to fly it again, but hesitant because I dont know if its being supported, updated regularly, is it obsolete and I should NOT fly it but instead "write it off" and buy something more current etc?

Can anyone point be to discussion of taking an old Solo out of the closet, and getting caught up with whatever info I should catch up on. so I ca use it regularly in summer 2020, or should I scrap it and buy something current here in summer 2020?

Thanks!

If you've done the preflight update, and have a suitable mobile device with and OS similar vintage to your Solo on which to run the 3DR app (if you want to use an app at all) then no problem, go fly!

Longer term issues and solutions might be;

Batteries - solution, re-use the Smart battery pcb hacks or BMS emulators and new dumb batteries.

3DR App - not supported, use an older device, or Sidepilot on iOS or Solex on Android. Solex is a different beast - huge step up.

Firmware - use as is or load Open Solo 4 (load via Solex is easiet). Huge updates of 2016 3DR firmware, back in the Arducopter fold and a live project.

Again, you can fly now as is, whilst feeling a bit future proof using the above, lots of threads on each topic on here.

Still a great drone and great support on here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela