Is it possible to orbit without continuous line-of-sight?

Twd

Reaction score
I want to shoot an orbit around a hilltop home. I tried it with enough altitude so I could see the Solo throughout the shot but the flat roof, with patches, etc. is unattractive. So, I figure that since the home is on the top of a hill I can orbit around the home -- parallel to the home -- and thereby avoid showing the roof. BUT... previously, if at any point during an orbit the target structure came between me and the Solo it immediately aborted the orbit and returned home. Suggestions?

Use Tower or MP and set parameter to continue mission on disconnect of link to transmitter.

I haven't used Tower yet but apparently I need to try it. Thank you!

That will do it. Just please bear in mind with that parameter set on, it is possible to screw up and send the solo off into oblivion. For example, if you do a zipline, press go and it starts flying along the line... if it loses contact with the controller, it will just keep going on forever until the battery gets low. At which point it will begin to RTH. And hope it's not too far away.

It also means any other smart shots, if the controller craps out or other wise loses contact, you will not be able to stop it. It will just keep doing what it's doing until the battery gets low.

So anyway, yes, use that parameter to get the shot, and turn it off when you're done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc