iphone 6 plus and broken phone/tablet cradle.

Reaction score
Hello all,

just wondering if anyone has encountered problems with that set up? i have alternated between a tablet and my phone and now have come across the issue that the tab has broken off completely. it never quite held the 6plus and was very tight. thanks.

Trevor.

one of mine cracked using it with a note 4
been looking for a replacement

i opened up a ticket and am hoping they cover it under warranty. i certainly wasnt misusing it. do you know of any aftermarket options right now? either way its still a relatively cheap part.

looks like they dont want to cover it because it was bent. yes of course it was bent... they didnt build it to hold the larger phones properly. disappointed.

UPDATE: After i explained my displeasure with that ruling they advised that as a one time customer service gesture they would send the part out. good i suppose.

Not sure if this is even worth posting but I had similar issue with my iPhone 6+ not fitting properly. Also I like having a case so no joy in getting that to fit. Since I have 3D printer, I printed out a clamp that works with a iPhone 6+. The sliding jaws will accommodate cases 73mm (2.9in) to 110mm (4.3in) wide and up to 13mm (.5in) thick. With an iPhone 6 + and case, there is still plenty of extension left so I have had no issues with over stressing the holder. Case shown is a LifeProof Nuud. PM me if you are interested.
IMG_0839.JPG

I like the 3D printed shim idea.
I went a little more permanent. I opened up the clamp, extended the slots about 6.5mm (between the green lines), and bagged out the spring.
I'll only be going up in display size, so trimming the slots didn't worry me too much. Just took the feeling of forcing the iPhone 6+ into the clamp away.
Still holds nicely.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Trevor
Rob,
Cool! Looks like another good solution. Great pics on the modifications. Not sure why 3DR was so stingy on the clamp size.
Cheers,
Roto Fan

Reactions: Trevor
Not sure if this is even worth posting but I had similar issue with my iPhone 6+ not fitting properly. Also I like having a case so no joy in getting that to fit. Since I have 3D printer, I printed out a clamp that works with a iPhone 6+. The sliding jaws will accommodate cases 73mm (2.9in) to 110mm (4.3in) wide and up to 13mm (.5in) thick. With an iPhone 6 + and case, there is still plenty of extension left so I have had no issues with over stressing the holder. Case shown is a LifeProof Nuud. PM me if you are interested.
View attachment 2039
looks good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig