iPad mount

Reaction score
Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I see in the instruction videos a iPad Air in the transmitter mount, my mount won't expand enough to hold iPad, can't seem to find bigger mount in accessories, am I missing something?

Did that, it won't expand enough to grab iPad, didn't want to pull too hard and break it

Ok, it will just slide over edge, but frame is bowed like its over extended

Are you putting the mount over the short side of the iPad? It should work fine. Mine does.

Are you putting the mount over the short side of the iPad? It should work fine. Mine does.
Yes, over the short side, mount extended to MAX and end of mount bent like its not happy to be forced over edge of iPad it tends to pop iPad out of mount

Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I see in the instruction videos a iPad Air in the transmitter mount, my mount won't expand enough to hold iPad, can't seem to find bigger mount in accessories, am I missing something?
I have the iPad Air and have had my Solo since early on- it does not fit.. Now, if you'd like to bend the crap out of the bracket, you can and hopefully it won't break.. So, it'll fit but not really hold it- it's Too big. Even the iPhone 6 Plus just barley fits and that will only work if NO phone case is on the phone...

Some have switched to an alternate mount method/bracket..

I have the iPad Air and have had my Solo since early on- it does not fit.. Now, if you'd like to bend the crap out of the bracket, you can and hopefully it won't break.. So, it'll fit but not really hold it- it's Too big. Even the iPhone 6 Plus just barley fits and that will only work if NO phone case is on the phone...

My solo is two days old I'm wondering if they're shipping them with two different style phone mounts

Some have switched to an alternate mount method/bracket..

It's possible, but improbable.. If yours & mine both do not fit? I think that kind of answers that... Although, I'm really curious how the others were able to use the stock bracket to fit the 'AIR'..

Maybe they were successful at bending the mount tabs? They feel like they'll break - I've tried.. I use my wife Mini iPad or my iPhone 6.

FYI - mine iPad is an AIR and not the AIR 2 - You?

It's possible, but improbable.. If yours & mine both do not fit? I think that kind of answers that... Although, I'm really curious how the others were able to use the stock bracket to fit the 'AIR'..

Maybe they were successful at bending the mount tabs? They feel like they'll break - I've tried.. I use my wife Mini iPad or my iPhone 6.

FYI - mine iPad is an AIR and not the AIR 2 - You?
mine is air 2

mine is air 2
So yours is thinner than mine, yet it won't fit.. I was thinking that the slightly thinner size might allow you to just get it into the bracket.. Sucks.. It might be to bulky/heavy to handle anyway.. Which smart phone are u using? I almost always use my iPhone 6 over my wife's iPad mini because it lighter and feels less cumbersome.

So yours is thinner than mine, yet it won't fit.. I was thinking that the slightly thinner size might allow you to just get it into the bracket.. Sucks.. It might be to bulky/heavy to handle anyway.. Which smart phone are u using? I almost always use my iPhone 6 over my wife's iPad mini because it lighter and feels less cumbersome.
I'm using the 6 (not +) can't connect to air b/c I have beta iOS 9, only flown solo 1 time and gopro wasn't streaming, dying to fly again, en route to Indy for work, just drove past wind turbine farm was tempted to stop and film but think I may log a few more flights before tempting fate

I'm using the 6 (not +) can't connect to air b/c I have beta iOS 9, only flown solo 1 time and gopro wasn't streaming, dying to fly again, en route to Indy for work, just drove past wind turbine farm was tempted to stop and film but think I may log a few more flights before tempting fate
For Streaming issue, just make sure you're in 1080 and 30 fPS - It will not stream in 60 fPS..

Good luck

I pad mini works great. Anybody know what cord they use for the controller to the iPad mini?

For Streaming issue, just make sure you're in 1080 and 30 fPS - It will not stream in 60 fPS..

Good luck
Mine streams to my iPhone 6 in 1080/60 really well. I get some shifting when I pan to fast, but other wise, its great.

In the 3dr teaching videos Colin has a cord that goes from the controller to the ipad mini. What is it

In the Solo Flight School - Software Update Video: It looks like a charging cord, it does not plug into the controller but goes up behind it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44