Interesting recovery after Impact..

Reaction score
Saw this on Youtube. Is this a testament to the 3DR controller, or would other manufacturers controllers behave the same? Very low altitude to begin with too..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

nothing like flying right over the top of sombody.

You mean the flight controller as in Pixhawk? Actually, I have seen a few Phantom videos where they pilots where being totally stupid and cartwheeled a phantom by hitting trees and it righted its self and kept going. I was amazed.

I don't have enough experience to say if the Pixhawk is better at recovery from a flip than others. I would like to think it does.

You mean the flight controller as in Pixhawk? Actually, I have seen a few Phantom videos where they pilots where being totally stupid and cartwheeled a phantom by hitting trees and it righted its self and kept going. I was amazed.

I don't have enough experience to say if the Pixhawk is better at recovery from a flip than others. I would like to think it does.
I probably have not paid attention to a lot of recovery videos and it may be a common recovery. It looks like the tree caused a certain amount of rotation and the controller continued around to level. But if that is true, it makes me wonder if recovery speed is independent of other settings? In other words, if flying in Fly mode on turtle setting, would it still recover at the same speed?

Yea I don't know. It was a really clean recovery. Looks like he had performance cranked up. I have it admit its impressive that a flight computer can do things like this.

I recently had a similar experience, right after Solo recovered the video stopped but I stood there for a second of 2 waiting for it to crash but it stabilized quickly and waited for me to continue flying. :oops::)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44