in case your droid is listed as incompatable

Please enlighten me here: The Solo's video works through WiFi, is that what I'm understanding? So, the monitor has to be a WiFi enabled device. What kind of range does that entail? Does that open the possibilities of interference from other devices? OR does it mean less interference?

I assume it still doesn't use the GoPro's Wifi, because it has to broadcast all the device information.
Is there a specific reason 3DR didn't go with 5.8 GHz?

Please enlighten me here: The Solo's video works through WiFi, is that what I'm understanding?

Its a short WiFi link from your device (phone, tablet, etc) to the Solo controller. Just like the Phantom 2 Vision+. For the most part I would not expect interference issues with other WiFi. The video signal from the GoPro is mixed with the control signal and streamed back.

GoPro WIFI is not used and wouldn't work as its extremely close range use only.

Its a short WiFi link from your device (phone, tablet, etc) to the Solo controller. Just like the Phantom 2 Vision+. For the most part I would not expect interference issues with other WiFi. The video signal from the GoPro is mixed with the control signal and streamed back.

Thanks - that makes total sense.

Though it's not on the list, I'm guessing my Galaxy Note Edge is compatible, though I would eventually want a 7" screen.

I wonder if Kindle Fires are compatible? They have great screens and fast processors, though they're not on the list. Plus, they have a funny relationship with many Android apps.

What do you know (or speculate) about the Solo's signal and control reliability vs. the P3 or P2? After today's disaster I am putting that as my most important criteria.

Well I "know" nothing at this point and can only speculate based on others experience with 3DR. So I don't have anything to really add beyond the P3 has better signal for distance but I have heard from good source the video stream from Solo is better.

Kindle is not a compatible platform as far as I know. Apple and Android only.

Right now the actual compatible list is pretty small even though it actually works on many. Seems that over 50% of the people had to download and install the SDK manually as the PlayStore does not recognize 1/2 the devices as compatible. 3DR is working on adding to the list.

Wish I could tell you more but I like many are waiting and hoping the Solo is as good as Colin has made it sound. If not I will probably custom build something or go back to DJI.

Well I "know" nothing at this point and can only speculate based on others experience with 3DR. So I don't have anything to really add beyond the P3 has better signal for distance but I have heard from good source the video stream from Solo is better.

Kindle is not a compatible platform as far as I know. Apple and Android only.

Right now the actual compatible list is pretty small even though it actually works on many. Seems that over 50% of the people had to download and install the SDK manually as the PlayStore does not recognize 1/2 the devices as compatible. 3DR is working on adding to the list.

Wish I could tell you more but I like many are waiting and hoping the Solo is as good as Colin has made it sound. If not I will probably custom build something or go back to DJI.

Kindle is also Android, but there are some specifics to it that make it not be able to run many things. I don't know if Amazon did that on purpose (if they did it was a dumb move), but it will still manually install with many Droid apps.

Regarding the Solo - like everyone else, I guess I'll just have to wait and see (and hopefully learn from other's experience).

I was able to get the app installed on my Lenovo tablet. Confirmed it works well with Solo. Thanks!
Now, how can I get software updates for the app? When I search for the app in the play store, it won't show up in the results. Will someone post the updated apk?

I'm not a big Apple person (to put it mildly), but I need to get something for my Solo Controller screen, AND I prefer an iPad so I can check video compatibility on our web sites (since Apple and their arrogance won't run Flash). I was surprised to find Best Buy has iPad Mini 3s in stock at $449 for 128gb.

Don't try to stop me, I'm going over to the Dark Side (at least I'm buying their iPad mini).

I was able to get the app installed on my Lenovo tablet. Confirmed it works well with Solo. Thanks!
Now, how can I get software updates for the app? When I search for the app in the play store, it won't show up in the results. Will someone post the updated apk?
If you join the beta you can get the updates when they are released for the main version....the beta is the same, just not officially supported by tech support.

I'm not a big Apple person (to put it mildly), but I need to get something for my Solo Controller screen, AND I prefer an iPad so I can check video compatibility on our web sites (since Apple and their arrogance won't run Flash). I was surprised to find Best Buy has iPad Mini 3s in stock at $449 for 128gb.

Don't try to stop me, I'm going over to the Dark Side (at least I'm buying their iPad mini).
Update: that price is back up to $600 today (7/26/15)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks