Impossible de trigger photos from the remote controle

Reaction score
Hi friends
I'm Alain and I got recently my new Solo.

I have the videos on my remote controle but
the button to trigger photos in disabled
so I cant take any picture from my remote controle.

Can you help me ?

Alain
From France between Geneva and Lyon

Hello Alain. It would be worth checking that you have selected the right model of GoPro in the app settings. (assume you're using the standard 3DR Solo app.)

Hi friends
I'm Alain and I got recently my new Solo.

I have the videos on my remote controle but
the button to trigger photos in disabled
so I cant take any picture from my remote controle.

Can you help me ?

Alain
From France between Geneva and Lyon
Welcome, Alain. If you are using a GoPro 3+ Black or newer, you should be able to control your shots. Like DJMc said, make sure your camera is selected from the camera list on the app. You can also trigger a photo by pushing down on each side of the gimbal paddle on the left side of the controller. If you are still having problems, try removing the battery from the controller and waiting about 10 or 15 secs. and then reinstalling it. This does a reset on the controller. I hope this helps you. Good luck and safe flying.

Are you using a GoPro 4? If not will not get full control from your solo to camera
Thank you for answering,
Yes first I've bought a GoPro 3+ Sylver, and now I ve a GoPro 4 Black session wich give the video on my Solo App (Android) but not possible to trigger phtos or videos because the button is disabled.
I wonder if the connector of the gimble is correctly connected.

Alain

Welcome, Alain. If you are using a GoPro 3+ Black or newer, you should be able to control your shots. Like DJMc said, make sure your camera is selected from the camera list on the app. You can also trigger a photo by pushing down on each side of the gimbal paddle on the left side of the controller. If you are still having problems, try removing the battery from the controller and waiting about 10 or 15 secs. and then reinstalling it. This does a reset on the controller. I hope this helps you. Good luck and safe flying.

Hi solo friends ;-)
I'm gonna try what you say.(is controller for you is the remote controle with the joysticks ?).
Alain

Hi Alain ...I think you cannot get full control with the GoPro session only the GoPro hero 3+ black or GoPro hero 4 and best with hero 4 black

Hi solo friends ;-)
I'm gonna try what you say.(is controller for you is the remote controle with the joysticks ?).
Alain

Yes (oui!, About all I know of francais) controller = remote control = control pad = radio

Thank you for answering,
Yes first I've bought a GoPro 3+ Sylver, and now I ve a GoPro 4 Black session wich give the video on my Solo App (Android) but not possible to trigger phtos or videos because the button is disabled.
I wonder if the connector of the gimble is correctly connected.

Alain
Like Soupdaddy said, the 4 Session won't work with the gimbal. There are only 3 cameras that will give you camera control. They are the Hero 3+ Black, the Hero 4 Silver, and the Hero 4 Black. Other cameras may give you video feed, but little if no camera control.

Like Soupdaddy said, the 4 Session won't work with the gimbal. There are only 3 cameras that will give you camera control. They are the Hero 3+ Black, the Hero 4 Silver, and the Hero 4 Black. Other cameras may give you video feed, but little if no camera control.

Thank you Chuck !

I'm getting mad with this affair. ;-)
I've bought a GoPro Hero4 Black.
Does this camera fits with my solo 3DR ?

(see attachment)

Alain

Indeed it does Alain! :) Have you found the menu in the Solo app to select the camera model?

if you look on left of you should be good to go now Alain..if you look on left of your screenshot an icon says "mode" if you change that to photo or burst or video mode your options for your camera change as per each mode is capable....Bon Chance and Salut

if you look on left of you should be good to go now Alain..if you look on left of your screenshot an icon says "mode" if you change that to photo or burst or video mode your options for your camera change as per each mode is capable....Bon Chance and Salut

Hi,
Surprised so many people speak fluent french on this forum :)
Unfortunatly the "mode" butten is also disabled.

Alain

Disable 'save to camera roll', as it is already saving to the sd card. Then live stream stays smoother. It's all your firmware up to date? Gimbal = 1.3.6 and solo = 2.4.2

Hi everyone
I have a solopro and a gopro hero 3+ black. I don't have any camera control. I don't have a gimbal yet so I'm wondering if this is why. All software is updated. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi everyone
I have a solopro and a gopro hero 3+ black. I don't have any camera control. I don't have a gimbal yet so I'm wondering if this is why. All software is updated. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated :)
For camera control you need to have a gimbal. Otherwise, all you can do is start recording before takeoff, and shut it down after landing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso