Important Tip for Pre-Flight Update

Reaction score
When I did my initial pre-flight update, I got a message that said the update failed. With the valiant help of tech support, I finally got airborne, but that failed update caused a glitch that eventually got me a replacement unit.

Here's the important tip: Most smartphones have a feature that will switch to the strongest available wi-fi network. This function MUST BE DISABLED. It'll mess with your update, and interrupt your flight activity later on. I had a Sprint phone with a program called "Sprint Connections Optimizer." Once I disabled this program, Solo worked like a champ. I now have a Samsung Note 4 on Verizon, and I made sure the "Smart Network Switch" selection is off on the Advanced settings tab for Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Good advice. A lot of talk in the past on a different forum regarding the Vision Plus and no video issues.

Thanks for the tip! I checked and both of my devices don't have a setting like this.

But one had an option 'Avoid poor connections', which I promptly turned off (since the Solo is not really an internet connection).

I ended up downloading the update using my data connection. This way I was able to just leave the wifi connected to the solo. It worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150